DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Help should I cancel order

rcartie

Reactions
Hi Folks on this great Mavic site. I ordered a Mavic but I am getting second thoughts. I been hearing a lot of stories about the Mavic having issues with losing GPS connections. Having poor signal lose in a good area and not returning home etc. I am sure these are most likely caused by pilot error but some I am sure are mechanical or other issues. Should I can my order and wait a few months before ordering again?? I would appreciate and feedback.

Don't cancel. You never hear on the forum from the thousands and thousands who haven't had any problems. When each new model of the Phantoms and Inspire came out there were similar reports. The genuine ones were fixed up by DJI firmware updates. I've had over 800 flights with DJI drones and have never had an accident.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

i second that ! this is my 4th dji drone and never had any problems at all!
I have the mavic now for a couple of weeks and never had any problems at all!
You will read about peoples problems in these forums but never about the good things that happen!!
In any case drones have mechanical and electrical components like everything else and of course things can go wrong but it is very rare and after having flown drones for 3 years now i can safely say that 99% it is human mistake and not a drone malfunction.
The Mavic is by far the best drone ever made so far and then best available right now.

I can say with confidence after flying or owning every drone comparable to the Mavic Pro that it is the absolute best drone on the market under 2500 bucks. I just sold my Phantom 4 because I never flew it anymore after purchasing the Mavic Pro. I have owned Yuneec, 3DR, GoPro, Autel.....you name it. Nothing on the market compares with DJI for the money.

No matter what we tell you the bottom line is you're the 1 who will decide @ the end.
Go with your gut feeling and never look back.

I tried not ordering the mavic or any expensive type drone. I even goggled reasons for not buying a quadcopter/drone. Found a site that had top ten reasons for not buying a drone. One was can you afford to throw the cost of the drone in cash out your window. That stalled me for a day or so but I said what the h....l, ordered the mavic. I work 6 days a week half the year and the second half I'm tired but now after flying the mavic and searching out fly spots with interesting things to film I'm glad I did. The Wife has no interest so it's also a quiet time and nice drive around the country I'm my 2 seater Toyota Mr2.
Buy it enjoy it and if it does fly away buy another for 700 or so bucks, just don't tell anyone you lost the first one. Especially you wife or girlfriend [emoji33]

Reactions: MrsTreat
That's just crazy talk. Grab a pair and enjoy one of the best flight experiences you can get for under 2 g's with all the accessories. [emoji457]

Can definitely chime here with some additional positive feedback for the Mavic. Hundreds have passed through our doors and over our many years in the industry we've never seen such positive feedback, rave, and love for any other drone than the Mavic Pro. You will enjoy it. :)

This is the best drone that I've owned. I've built and bought them. By far this is the best for me.

Reactions: Advexure
Hi Folks on this great Mavic site. I ordered a Mavic but I am getting second thoughts. I been hearing a lot of stories about the Mavic having issues with losing GPS connections. Having poor signal lose in a good area and not returning home etc. I am sure these are most likely caused by pilot error but some I am sure are mechanical or other issues. Should I can my order and wait a few months before ordering again?? I would appreciate and feedback.

I do a lot of amateur photography and was blown away by some of the MP stills and videos. I, like you, read this forum and several others and was a little concerned that the quality might not meet my expectations. I jumped in though and have had no problems at all. It's much easier to fly that I expected although there is a big learning curve if you haven't flown a drone before. I'm using an iPad mini so part of my good luck might be a bigger screen and iOS.

It seems that a lot (but not all) of the issues discussed are operator error. I spent about 2 weeks playing around with the software, getting familiar with the different flight modes and learning about the camera before flying. On that fateful day I went to a small park, turned her on and took off. Lots of moves to practice to get good at flying. I practice something new each time I fly and I'm finally getting comfortable that if something goes wrong I will have some idea about what to do.

If you think you'll enjoy your MP and that it won't be a dust collector, don't cancel. If you don't have any reason to have a drone then you probably won't use it much and it will become a very expensive paper weight.

Reactions: Advexure
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78