DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need help with the Sun...

Knight Hawk

Reactions
I'm in need of a great pair of sunglasses. What type should I look for, NOT BRAND but TYPE. I love flying but sunny days but not with the sun in my eyes making it hard to find my Mavic.

I'm in need of a great pair of sunglasses. What type should I look for, NOT BRAND but TYPE. I love flying but sunny days but not with the sun in my eyes making it hard to find my Mavic.
Just make sure you do not get polarized or you will have trouble seeing the screen on your device. I would get a deep green tint (personal preference)

Don't hold me to this because I haven't tried it but I was told that the yellow night glasses bikers wear for night riding work very good.

Don't hold me to this because I haven't tried it but I was told that the yellow night glasses bikers wear for night riding work very good.

If you want a horrible headache they are great. I wear that type of glasses when I'm working in a poorly lit area or when I'm riding my MTB in the woods. They make everything appear brighter so not good for in the direct sun.

Well, Oakley is one of the most loved brand however these days I settle on some quality sunglasses at bring down rates. On seeking different sites, I went over an online City Sunglass supplier offering different sunglasses in a wide range and variety, they even have accessories of sunglasses.

Just make sure you do not get polarized or you will have trouble seeing the screen on your device.
I'd test them out first with the device you're going to use. They don't all polarise in the same direction some car HUDs and screens are fine, others are impossible to see (and the experience be the opposite with a different brand)

EDIT: for example, my Oakley's polarisation makes my iPad Air significantly darker in landscape mode, whereas my iPhone 6 is fine in landscape - not as good in portrait.

Last edited:
I only wear polarised glasses (i work on water a lot) as they're far far better than non. However it does mean the angle of polarisation i cant see the screen on any of my mobile devices when they're rotated in landscape mode. I just have to not wear sunglasses when flying.

I always have shades, most important is visor or hat !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78