Need Info on Mavic/DJI repairs

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by Robert Mitchell, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Robert Mitchell

The Mavic will be my first DJI drone, although I have used DJI components for a long time.

First some background: I am part 107 UAV certified, have extensive background in aircraft and drone repairs and have been flying competitors drones for several years now. In the past I have handled all my repairs and upgrades.

So, the question is, for all of the previous DJI users and owners; According to your past experience with DJI, are parts and technical data readily available for their products, or is it a "send it back and wait forever" for the smallest defect?

In other words, if an ESC or motor goes out, or an arm gets broken, can I get those items, and have it up and going as soon as I get the parts?

Bottom line: What's been the experience for you that are technically inclined to do your own thing from time to time?

2. msinger

msinger Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

As new DJI models are released, it becomes harder and/or more tedious to replace parts and to source them. That leads to less people attempting their own repairs and less information available in places like YouTube.