DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

need recommendation for reliable android tablet that fits controller

motopokep

Reactions
I've been having disconnect issues with my Asus Nexus 7 Gen 2 for years, despite troubleshooting, USB debugging, uninstalling updates. I'm looking for a reliable Android tablet that would work with Litchi and DJI Go 4, largest that would fit inside the stock Mavic Pro RC handles without having to use aftermarket holders...I'm thinking 7 inch screen.

If it matters, I'm still using Dji Go 4 v 4.3.20 and not planning to upgrade. Thanks.

Reactions: mereflyer
I've been having disconnect issues with my Asus Nexus 7 Gen 2 for years, despite troubleshooting, USB debugging, uninstalling updates. I'm looking for a reliable Android tablet that would work with Litchi and DJI Go 4, largest that would fit inside the stock Mavic Pro RC handles without having to use aftermarket holders...I'm thinking 7 inch screen.

If it matters, I'm still using Dji Go 4 v 4.3.20 and not planning to upgrade. Thanks.

When I flew my Spark, I used an Apple Mini 4.

It fits in the controller for my Spark which is similar and runs the Go4 app.

I'm not an Apple guy but purchased the Mini 4 because it worked well with DJI products.

You might look for a used Mini 4 if you don't find a suitable Droid.

A Mini 5 would be better and I assume it's the same size of the 4 that fits the controller.

20171207_202020.jpg

I've spent hours reviewing the options today, as much as I wanted to stick to an Android system to avoid spending time on learning Apple, I went ahead and ordered a renewed IPAD Mini 5, it was $200, it fits inside controller handles, and I'm now convinced that IOS is more reliable than Android when it comes to DJI Go, so there it is, thanks for the advice.