DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need waypoint help from the Litchi experts.

Jr. Stafford

Reactions
Trying to do something with my Mavic using Waypoints in Litchi, wondering if it's even possible? Here's what it is:

I want to hover about 200 feet up on the edge of my property, and take a picture (or video) each day about the same time for a couple of months. I think it would make a really cool video to see the changes as we go from Spring to Summer, the trees get their leaves, and so forth. Can I make Litchi do this in the Waypoint mode? I set a Waypoint out at the edge of the property, then mark my house as a POI.

I was trying today, but couldn't find an option for 'take picture' or 'take video' on the settings. And I told it to hover for 120 seconds at the waypoint, but it just zipped straight thru the flight in about 120 seconds. I also noticed that the camera was out of focus for the ENTIRE flight......I would hit the button for center focus and it would focus for a second, then go back blurry.

Any ideas? It would be SO MUCH easier to do my little project if Litchi Waypoints could do it for me, rather than trying every day to find the same point in space over and over!

Reactions: Budmancan
Trying to do something with my Mavic using Waypoints in Litchi, wondering if it's even possible? Here's what it is:

I want to hover about 200 feet up on the edge of my property, and take a picture (or video) each day about the same time for a couple of months. I think it would make a really cool video to see the changes as we go from Spring to Summer, the trees get their leaves, and so forth. Can I make Litchi do this in the Waypoint mode? I set a Waypoint out at the edge of the property, then mark my house as a POI.

I was trying today, but couldn't find an option for 'take picture' or 'take video' on the settings. And I told it to hover for 120 seconds at the waypoint, but it just zipped straight thru the flight in about 120 seconds. I also noticed that the camera was out of focus for the ENTIRE flight......I would hit the button for center focus and it would focus for a second, then go back blurry.

Any ideas? It would be SO MUCH easier to do my little project if Litchi Waypoints could do it for me, rather than trying every day to find the same point in space over and over!

Make and save mission in go4, then every other day load that mission..

Make sure you use straight lines in the settings. Using straight lines gives you more options in each WP including pause and snap picture. Those options don't work if curved lines are used.

No expert but one of the optional "Actions" at any waypoint is to take a photo. Make sure that "Curved Turns" are turned off in settings and I think you have to stop the video before you can take a picture, but you can do that as one of the "Actions" also.

As for focus, when you take off go straight up to 130-150 feet ( I think it is called the hyperfocal distance), look straight down at your take off spot, and hit or tap for center focus. After that you can start you mission and everything should be in focus.

No expert but one of the optional "Actions" at any waypoint is to take a photo. Make sure that "Curved Turns" are turned off in settings and I think you have to stop the video before you can take a picture, but you can do that as one of the "Actions" also.

As for focus, when you take off go straight up to 130-150 feet ( I think it is called the hyperfocal distance), look straight down at your take off spot, and hit or tap for center focus. After that you can start you mission and everything should be in focus.

Cool, I try that stuff tomorrow. I actually started the mission sitting on the ground, so that may be why it didn't focus. I do remember a setting about 'curved turns', I'll change that and see if the option comes up to Video or take Picture.

Minor point but every other day would probably yield the same results.

What Temptation said. It will fly the same mission exactly every time with the same elevation, take the photo from the same point and angle, and all other info you entered.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3