DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New at editing.. please help

I repeat, once you upload the FREE Adobe DNG converter you will never have a problem. Here is the information again-
You need to download an Adobe DNG Converter from Adobe. Google the term, Adobe DNG Converter, and download the free converter either for MAC or PC. DNG stands for Adobe's Digital Negative File, which is essentially a RAW converter. Once this is in stalled you can download any DNG file into a RAW file, and from there, a JPG file. www.adobe.com. and search for DNG converter (free).
That just seems like a lot of work Dale...

That's all.

Not saying you are wrong, never have, doubtful I will.

That just seems like a lot of work Dale...

That's all.

Not saying you are wrong, never have, doubtful I will.
Here is a screen shot of the Adobe page. It depends on your computer which one you download. Not really a lot of work. The download takes just a few moments. The DNG converter is used by LRTimelapse for all of its images so I am very familiar with it since I do a lot of time-lapse with that software. Here is a screen shot. Scroll down to the place where is says "Download the DNG Converter" and select PC or MAC-OS. The download takes a few seconds and it is always available on your computer. If you don't like it, it is easily uninstalled.

Dale
Miami

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 3.55.10 PM.png

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Here is a screen shot of the Adobe page. It depends on your computer which one you download. Not really a lot of work. The download takes just a few moments. The DNG converter is used by LRTimelapse for all of its images so I am very familiar with it since I do a lot of time-lapse with that software. Here is a screen shot. Scroll down to the place where is says "Download the DNG Converter" and select PC or MAC-OS. The download takes a few seconds and it is always available on your computer. If you don't like it, it is easily uninstalled.

Dale
Miami

View attachment 110954
I did this Dale, and it took my 4 dng files and outputed them with the new names. They are still dng files. Am I supposed to convert them to something else? All I see is the option to convert to dng. Am I missing something? I have a dng file of the original post, but I can't upload it for people to help show me some editing.

The DNG (digital negative file) is a RAW file. It contains all of the pixels that your sensor recorded when the camera is set to RAW. Just upload the DNG file into the software processing program (Photoshop, Lightroom) and process normally, and save its as you wish, e.g.: JPEG,RAW, PNG, TIFF, etc. For example, open your photo editing software (hopefully Photoshop or Lightroom) and open the .dng file and it should be ok to edit. SAVE IT as a JPG, for example.

The DNG (digital negative file) is a RAW file. It contains all of the pixels that your sensor recorded when the camera is set to RAW. Just upload the DNG file into the software processing program (Photoshop, Lightroom) and process normally, and save its as you wish, e.g.: JPEG,RAW, PNG, TIFF, etc. For example, open your photo editing software (hopefully Photoshop or Lightroom) and open the .dng file and it should be ok to edit. SAVE IT as a JPG, for example.
He wants to post the DNG here though.

I would still recommend imgbb

It's super simple.

Click the upload button
Choose your .dng
Click "BBC full"
Copy
Paste here

It's super simple.

Click the upload button
Choose your .dng
Click "BBC full"
Copy
Paste here
I tried to upload the dng file there as well, and it would't let me. I uploaded it to google photos. Hopefully I didn't restrict the access to this folder.
Here is the original dng file.

New photo by Darrell Eads

It's super simple.

Click the upload button
Choose your .dng
Click "BBC full"
Copy
Paste here
I haven't a clue about imgbb so I cannot comment. Never used it, although I have seen postings from them on the site. All of my images are derived from RAW files, processed in Photoshop and saved as JPG's at a Low enough Rez ( usually less than 1.2 MB) for the site to accept their size. As with so many things, there are many ways to achieve the results. Photoshop has at last least two or more ways to achieve the desired results.

Here is the image and 5 frames or steps of my process #1 original underexposed image in foreground. #2- open in Adobe Camera RAW ACR. #3 adjust sliders- shadows, exposure, dehaze, etc. #4 Open ACR into Photoshop #5 SAVE AS JPG.. This took me the better part of an hour to do this process for you!

Attachments

• #5- SAVE as JPG.png
    #5- SAVE as JPG.png
    8.6 MB · Views: 8
  • #1-Original image.jpg
    #1-Original image.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 6
  • #2-Open in Adobe Camera Raw.jpg
    #2-Open in Adobe Camera Raw.jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 6
  • #3-Sliders in Camer #3-RAW- I use exposure, shadow, other sliders.jpg
    #3-Sliders in Camer #3-RAW- I use exposure, shadow, other sliders.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 5
  • #4-opened ACR in Photoshop -shadows opened.jpg
    #4-opened ACR in Photoshop -shadows opened.jpg
    765.1 KB · Views: 5
  • #5- SAVE as JPG.jpg
    #5- SAVE as JPG.jpg
    707.8 KB · Views: 4
I haven't a clue about imgbb so I cannot comment. Never used it, although I have seen postings from them on the site. All of my images are derived from RAW files, processed in Photoshop and saved as JPG's at a Low enough Rez ( usually less than 1.2 MB) for the site to accept their size. As with so many things, there are many ways to achieve the results. Photoshop has at last least two or more ways to achieve the desired results.

Here is the image and 5 frames or steps of my process #1 original underexposed image in foreground. #2- open in Adobe Camera RAW ACR. #3 adjust sliders- shadows, exposure, dehaze, etc. #4 Open ACR into Photoshop #5 SAVE AS JPG.. This took me the better part of an hour to do this process for you!
Thanks! Ive gotten this part figured out, now to just play with the sliders etc! Just making sure of something.. when I open the raw it says Camera raw 12.4 not ACR. Is that normal?

Thanks! Ive gotten this part figured out, now to just play with the sliders etc! Just making sure of something.. when I open the raw it says Camera raw 12.4 not ACR. Is that normal?
I think they mean the same thing. They are just telling you the version of ACR. Select the latest version to download. They will probably remind you when there are updates. Every time a new camera model is developed, they have to add that camera to the coverage of the DNG. Remember, it is FREE, and can always be uninstalled.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msherwood1954