DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Bird Will Not Take Firmware v.0500 Update

thombusc

Reactions
My son got me a Mavic for Christmas after seeing me lust after one a friend has. Came in yesterday and I have been goign through the initial set up. I tried to update the firmware to v.0500 but it hangs 2/3 or the way and then declares a fail, with the option to send in a bug report and retry.

I have retried about 10 times via the app and the same amount via the PC/USB, but no love. I also did a support chat with DJI support and they were not much help either. They gave up and suggested I just send it in for a repair, But if its AFU I don't want it repaired or a refurb, I want it replaced,

It was purchased on Amazon. so I can just returb it foir a refund and since DJI now has stock, I could just get a new one from them. But I want to take a *** run at fixing this thing before I give up and return it.

I am wondering if reformmating the flash card might just put me in a position to reload the firmware,,,thoughts?

thx

Tom B

They gave up and suggested I just send it in for a repair, But if its AFU I don't want it repaired or a refurb, I want it replaced
Sorry to hear about your experience with the new bird. Have you tried restarting it before attempting to update the firmware again?
Well, in either case if at all you don't happen to get it to work, make sure you get a new replacement one rather then sending it for repair, as it is DOA. Good luck

My son got me a Mavic for Christmas after seeing me lust after one a friend has. Came in yesterday and I have been goign through the initial set up. I tried to update the firmware to v.0500 but it hangs 2/3 or the way and then declares a fail, with the option to send in a bug report and retry.

I have retried about 10 times via the app and the same amount via the PC/USB, but no love. I also did a support chat with DJI support and they were not much help either. They gave up and suggested I just send it in for a repair, But if its AFU I don't want it repaired or a refurb, I want it replaced,

It was purchased on Amazon. so I can just returb it foir a refund and since DJI now has stock, I could just get a new one from them. But I want to take a *** run at fixing this thing before I give up and return it.

I am wondering if reformmating the flash card might just put me in a position to reload the firmware,,,thoughts?

thx

Tom B

I just got my Mavic back from DJI had it repaired under warranty I had to do the update tonight and I had the same problem you were having so what I did was restarted the assistant 2 restarted the Remote then restarted the mavic let it sit 2 to 4 min it gave 3 beeps and poof green flashing on the mavic. Everything is all good as far as that goes anyway. One more thing when I sent my mavic in they said they had repaired the gimbal under warranty and I was getting back my same aircraft but when it actually came today it was a completely brand-new unit different serial number with the same battery I sent in with my other one and my same box so just be aware they do lie...

thx

Tom B

So you've tried the DJI assistant?

Do factory reset. Try refreshing the current firmware or downgrading if available on DJI assistant 2 then try update again.

The factory reset also fails. So, unless there's a manual reset button hidden somewhere, regrettably, it's going to be returned to Amazon. I can't wait to try to get my $99 back for the "care" program...

It's headed back to Amazon. I'll reorder another from them as their return process is stupid easy, Now all I need to get done is the refund of the unused DJI Care Refresh.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2p123