DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble Updating "Standard" Remote Controller

jclarkw

Reactions
Have the "Fly More" package with Air 2, basic controller (Model RC231). Just used DJI Assistant 2 to successfully update firmware on the aircraft, following directions from DJI. Not succeeding with the RC, however; Assistant 2 says, "Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry.," over and over. Does detect the controller and allow me to selecte it, but won't even tell me what firmware is in it currently!

I think I remember using this mechanism successfully to update both firmwares when I first got the package a couple of years ago. I did export a log file from Assistant, but of course it's a .DAT, so I haven't tried to attach it here. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? -- jclarkw

Last edited:
Have the "Fly More" package with Air 2, basic controller (Model RC231). Just used DJI Assistant 2 to successfully update firmware on the aircraft, following directions from DJI. Not succeeding with the RC, however; Assistant 2 says, "Cannot Load Firmware List. Please Retry.," over and over. Does detect the controller and allow me to selecte it, but won't even tell me what firmware is in it currently!

I think I remember using this mechanism successfully to update both firmwares when I first got the package a couple of years ago. I did export a log file from Assistant, but of course it's a .DAT, so I haven't tried to attach it here. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? -- jclarkw
I had a similar problem updating an RC-N1 which is basically the same as yours. In one case, I had to re-download the package since it was corrupted somehow the first time. The other time I had issues, I had to delete the cache on the controller and that somehow "fixed" the issue.
That's all I got - good luck!

...delete the cache on the controller...
WanderLost -- How did you do that? When I connect the controller to my PC through USB, it doesn't even show up in Windows explorer the way the aircraft does... -- jclarkw

WanderLost -- How did you do that? When I connect the controller to my PC through USB, it doesn't even show up in Windows explorer the way the aircraft does... -- jclarkw
I used DJI assistant and followed the directions there. I don't think you can access the controller at the level you need just from Explorer.
I deleted the cache on the controller itself. It's in the GOFly menu.

Reactions: jclarkw
I used DJI assistant and followed the directions there. I don't think you can access the controller at the level you need just from Explorer.
I deleted the cache on the controller itself. It's in the GOFly menu.
Dear WanderLost -- With advice from the DJI forum I solved my problem, which apparently was simply an obsolete version of Assistant 2.

But for future reference I still don't understand what you are suggesting above about clearing the RC cache. Assistant 2 does not apper to offer any options besides firmware update, save log, and export RC log. Can you please explain further?

Best Regards -- jclarkw

Dear WanderLost -- With advice from the DJI forum I solved my problem, which apparently was simply an obsolete version of Assistant 2.

But for future reference I still don't understand what you are suggesting above about clearing the RC cache. Assistant 2 does not apper to offer any options besides firmware update, save log, and export RC log. Can you please explain further?

Best Regards -- jclarkw
Launch Gofly on your controller. Go to Profile/Settings/Storage. You will see the cache options there.
Here's a Youtube video that shows it quite well in 90 seconds.

Reactions: jclarkw
Launch Gofly on your controller. Go to Profile/Settings/Storage. You will see the cache options there.
Here's a Youtube video that shows it quite well in 90 seconds.
OK, I see: You're using DJI Fly on your mobile, whereas I'm using DJI Assistant on my PC to talk directly to the controller. Thanks! -- jclarkw

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne