DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Flight Simulator

I agree this makes no sense since they Claim it works for the Mavic Pro but not its controller. That seems pretty lame to me. What would they dist those customers that bought there most popular prosumer unit and not support the controller?

Why did the Air take precedence over the Mavic Pro. Nothing against the Air owners but the Mavic Pro seems to be the model that opened up a whole new market segment for them.

Has ANYONE gotten the Mavic Pro and its controller to work with the simulator?

Thanks,

Trankonia

The Mavic Air remote dose not work on the simulator I have tried for about 4 hrs and all I get is beeping like if I'm trying to hook it up to Dji assistant witch also dose not work for the Air remote.

That does not work I have tried that and it did not work and other po say to go in and block something in the computer and I’m not doing that it’s a firewall or something and I should not have to do that so the remote will not get updated and I’m not going to play there games.

That does not work I have tried that and it did not work and other po say to go in and block something in the computer and I’m not doing that it’s a firewall or something and I should not have to do that so the remote will not get updated and I’m not going to play there games.
Fine!!! Enjoy!!!

New update is out. Version 2.1.0.2 launcher
d1c2d01bd5b25b334575ceee95c7886a.jpg

Installing to C:\DFS finally did the trick after getting the same errors others reported.
However, I'm not impressed. I was apparently expecting the simulator would work the same way as the android/ios sim, which takes all settings from the drone, and GO parameters. But this is just a video game. It uses a DJI remote but that's just a lock in. They could just as well have supported a standard game controller, it would not make much difference.
Maybe in the future it will be more realistic, although it is a stand alone game which doesn't use any data from your drone. So it will not resemble your specific flight experience at all.

I stick with the android sim. I use it to test my settings and expected flight behaviour for certain situations, and for that it's just great.

But happy gaming to those who do like it :)

I just updated the Flight Simulator software by launching the program and clicking the "Update" button. The update went smoothly, and it took only a couple of minutes. I didn't get any virus or malware warnings.

The huge data package that was downloaded when I installed the first version apparently survived the update (it didn't need to be downloaded again). It's now up to 2.1.0.3.

I'm guessing they've now resolved the issue with the USB drivers. During the installation, a couple of DOS boxes appeared and ran one or more scripts. It all happened too quickly to read the details, but there were a couple of lines ending with a file name that ended in ".inf". That often means that drivers are being installed.

I haven't had time to really check out the updated program, but it runs, and the menus seem to be more logically organized. My remote (Mavic Air) connected and works with the program. I should mention that the remote was already working with the previous version after I manually installed the USB drivers.

Larry

Reactions: dawgpilot
As far as I can see, after the latest update everything runs pretty smooth. Exit is also a menu item and even works. My XPS runs it with 2 fingers in its nose (looks odd though) with the highest settings. But still, just another video game, Nintendo Wii like. Nothing I was waiting for. These drone sims are for download on the play store for years already.

i have the mavic air and yes the controller work with the simulator
The Mavic Air remote dose not work on the simulator I have tried for about 4 hrs and all I get is beeping like if I'm trying to hook it up to Dji assistant witch also dose not work for the Air remote.

I tried this last night. I was hoping it would be pretty realistic, but I find the controls to be way different than in real life. Much mushier than in real life. Also, the throttle reacts much slower than in real life. Also, I don't like how the camera behaves. When you are turning, it's not smooth. It's smooth at first then it jumps, and shifts like 30 degrees. It really throws you off. Also, when accelerating, they do like a zoom effect, which also messes with your perspective.

Pretty fun playing some of the games though.
Might be your PC - Mine is pretty stout and it flies pretty realistically on mine - complete to sluggish Spark throttle.
The Phantom even shows the braking action at extreme speed. I'm pretty pleased with it for my purposes which is to train my eye as to proximity so I can avoid running into things.

Reactions: StevenM
run the file located in the program directory called dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe

The joysticks and gimbal control on mavic 1 controller will then work.
Thanks - I'll give that a shot so I can use my MP controller.

You just click the button there that says Free Trial.

So I uninstalled and, from the DJI website, reinstalled the free Flight Simulator. Now my problem is I have 2 DJI controllers (Spark & M2Z) and neither of them work as yet. The Simulator installed fine, I can start it up, just don't have the controller to continue. "SIGH"

I see that most of you have problems getting their controllers to work.
I can't even get that far. When I press the start button the program finishes with messages that some dll files are missing (e. g. X3DAudio1_7.dll). Of course I tried to reinstall the program buit that didn't help. My version is 2.1.0.3.
Any idea?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d