DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI FPV drone on the way!

Just did a manual flight, about 10 minutes, once the obstacle avoidance and attitude limit are disabled it's truly acro, but with a perfectly smooth and vibrationless HD picture... and a"panic button" that'll stop it almost on the spot if you screw up/get bad video etc

N and S are just like any other DJI aircraft, so yes let go the stick and it stops. Just once you want to fly manual you obviously need to disable the spring on the throttle, so then when flying N/S you need to be careful to center it as well to maintain altitude.

Phone shows live view when connected to goggles, but I think it's about it at least for now. Goggles allow you to watch someone else's view.

Speed in S mode about 95km/h, in M I went to 110 for now.
thank you for your answer
did you notice the props in the video feed? they disappear if you fly faster? how fast ?

For people in the European neck of the woods; does it have a CE mark? APS-C?

3rd flight done... frustrating to only have one battery!
thank you for your answer
did you notice the props in the video feed? they disappear if you fly faster? how fast ?
There are 2 camera modes, the standard slightly fisheye (common racers, old style gopro-like) and one with distorsion correction that comes up with a rectilinear image (like other DJI aircraft, modern gopros in rectilinear mode).
You can set each mode separately for goggles and aircraft. In the goggles you see the tips of the props in both modes, but less in the corrected one. On the aircraft recording the props show up in normal mode but not in corrected mode.

I prefer normal mode for FPV and don't mind the props at all in live view, but setting the recording to corrected you can have a clean image.

You can record audio which is cool :)
Curious to read real world results on Ocusync 3.0
Quite a few unexpected quality reductions and drops unfortunately so far, regardless of distance and in places where a mini2 has no issue.
But I haven't yet tried the various modes and channel settings, only high quality and auto. I'm in CE region.

Last edited:
just saw the DJI commercial sent to me in my email or I would share it here... It look real cool but I think I would be crashing into everything... If I win the lottery, I'm buying a few... :)

4th flight, switched transmission to manual, 2.4, 10MHz and the link was much more consistent, but less good. But it's getting too dark to judge image quality anyway...

Last edited:
4th flight, witched transmission to manual, 2.4, 10MHz and the link was much more consistent, but less good. But it's getting too dark to judge image quality anyway...
Can you use the motion controller to fly in Manual Mode?

Can you use the motion controller to fly in Manual Mode?
We got our combos from a retail chain store, where those 2 boxes were literally the only 2 they had in the country, and no other accessories.

So no idea, we just ordered the motion controller along with the other accessories when they appeared on the DJI store, after having done our first flights ?

The manuals are up now though so probably mentioned in there.

Reactions: FASTFJR
We got our combos from a retail chain store, where those 2 boxes were literally the only 2 they had in the country, and no other accessories.

So no idea, we just ordered the motion controller along with the other accessories when they appeared on the DJI store, after having done our first flights ?

The manuals are up now though so probably mentioned in there.
Just looked at the manual, looks like you can fly in Normal and Sport Mode

For anyone looking for a case I just ordered another one of these. I got this two years ago to use with my Mavic 2 Pro, smart controller and 4 batteries along with other stuff. I think it will be the perfect size

https://amzn.to/3bXTG74

This case has literally gone over a 30ft cliff with all my stuff in it and nothing was even scratched let alone broken
Keep us updated on how the case works out, my FPV combo was ordered moments after watching the RotorRiot review. Been contemplating FPV months now and this was just the nudge I needed.

Reactions: FASTFJR

Bardwell is a genuinely smart guy and an authority in FPV circles. He has an excellently comprehensive and helpful first look at this new toy from the eyes of an old FPV pilot and tech expert.

I hope some folks here find this informative and a look at this thing from a different perspective. It also highlights how comparatively fragile the thing is compared to a homebuilt acro quad.

It does look verrrry cool though, I have to admit ?

Joost.. if you want the feel of slow scenic flight with the immersion of FPV, consider fixed wing models. I get 40+ minute flight times from a Mini Talon pusher prop plane with full RTH, kilometers of range, FPV feed, on screen display and HD recording. Much more relaxed than hurtling round in a 210mm racing quad ?

Any thoughts on the drone itself? I see a 20 min battery life which is not great but comes with these initial versions. I like that Occu Sync 3.0 appears to boost transmission rates which bodes well for us with future updates. An interesting read of FAQ doesn’t rule out the use of motion controller on on other drones, says ‘Check the latest firmware updates for any new information on aircraft or goggle compatibility.’ Emergency break and hover would be a great feature to bring over to our controllers esp. smart controller, I could adding that to aux button.

The JB vid is excellent. Sport mode, as implemented on this model, appears to be what I've always wanted to get from the sticks but had trouble putting into words. That in itself is enough to make it an evolutionary step, for me.

I mean, being able to yaw and (automatically) bank into the turn without moving the right stick (thereby maintaining desired speed while carving turns). I can do the dual stick turns well enough but really, those tiny sticks are very unforgiving if you're heading into a tight spot. Just let me get straight and level at a certain speed, stay there, and make proper turns.

Last edited:
Reactions: CactusJackSlade
So you put your goggles on & immediately lose your LOS, considering you must have line of site at all times how do you legally fly the thing ? ?
plenty of clubs here in australia that allow for FPV racing/flying. The question will be whether or not anyone at these clubs would consider this bird.

You've had that for ages already... All Mavic's have a paus button, release the sticks & push that during flight and the AC will break hard & hover.
On DJI things yes, but not on a racer. The ability to fly something full manual/acro AND have the "stop in place whatever you're doing now" is pretty awesome.

Any thoughts on the drone itself? I see a 20 min battery life which is not great but comes with these initial versions.
20min is probably if you fly it in N mode, but when flown in manual it's more like 8-10. Still twice your typical racer, so that's fine.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique