DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New dji gimbal cover?

Reactions
I was watching a video on yt where a guy talked about the original dji cover for the gimbal and its difficulty in inserting it, which led users to unhook the camera from the gimbal. But the interesting thing is that he said that DJI on the more "recent" mini 3 would replace the initial gimbal cover with a magazine to correct the insertion problem. Anyone give me confirmation of this? If so, can you ask DJI to provide the new gimbal cover in case you have the original one?

I have not heard of an new one being sold. Am I just off on that? I also find snapping the cover on to be fraught. I watched a video where a fellow put his thumb under the gimble to hold the camera in place and it actually seems to be a useful technique but I still often fine myself trying to click it into place only to have it refuse. I cannot, for the life of me, see what is in the way and just try again. Eventually I get it to click in :).

OMM gave a very good tip on the best approach. Have the gimble level but with a slight twist to the camera before inserting the cover.

On Launch day the mini3p came with a gimbal cover that had fins inside to secure the camera and stop it moving about when the cover is on. Mini3s bought more recently have a slightly redesigned gimbal cover that doesn't have the fins. I bought an early mini3 and the cover had fins, but that drone had a major failure on at least one of the ESCs and I got a warranty replacement drone whose gimbal guard doesn't have the fins.

Reactions: Rchawks
On Launch day the mini3p came with a gimbal cover that had fins inside to secure the camera and stop it moving about when the cover is on. Mini3s bought more recently have a slightly redesigned gimbal cover that doesn't have the fins. I bought an early mini3 and the cover had fins, but that drone had a major failure on at least one of the ESCs and I got a warranty replacement drone whose gimbal guard doesn't have the fins.
Makes sense. Mine has the new version and I can fly it with the cover on. Just cannot tilt gimbal full up or down. Limited to about 40 degrees. Not that I fly it with rather cover on normally. Useful to know so with the finless cover you can turn the M3P on with legs folded and cover in place when u need to tweak settings or do a quick transfer.

Here you go for just the cover…

STARTRC Mini 3 Pro Gimbal Protector, Lens Cover Obstacle Sensor Avoidance Dustproof Cap for DJI Mini 3 Pro RC Drone Accessories https://a.co/d/81Wm9bU

…or you can get this combo with the propeller holder. They work pretty well together.

STARTRC Mini 3 Pro Accessories Bundle kit,Propeller Holder Strap+Camera Lens Cover Gimbal Protector for DJI Mini 3 Pro Accessories https://a.co/d/i29Hx4P

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown