DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Spark / Mavic Mini sneak peek!

Yes, leaked test photo by a Chinese blogger. Nothing here in USA yet though.
Learned a really funny bit of Chinese drone slang from him: in China they refer to crash / disabled / flamed-out drones as "fried chickens".
Anyway, this DJI Spark is tiiiiiiny! Front motor to back motor is shorter than an iPhone 6.

Great for some indoor flying, thats for sure

My only concern is there are no landing legs (at least in the pics), and it seems like the battery docks on the bottom, so you'd be landing on the battery every time. I like the look of it though, and it would be great if you can use your Mavic controller to fly it (besides just flying in wifi). Looking forward to hearing more news about this drone.

Reactions: Cerberus
Just to add a little more drama to this new "Spark" story....the pics and formation was originally released on the internet by a Chinese blogger at www.sb-dji.com.
That site appears to have been primarily set up to challenge DJI about poor consumer practices, deleting posts by people reporting negative comments about DJI products, etc. It turns out sb-dji has been sharing a lot of people's experiences with flame-outs, fly-aways, etc to the point where I think they have been a pain to DJI.
We are now 24 hours after sb-dji leaked the photos and their website has been shut down. I wonder if the people inside the testing facility leaked images prior to the cutoff date when documents are made public and DJI has swung a heavy legal hammer to protect their IP.

My only concern is there are no landing legs (at least in the pics), and it seems like the battery docks on the bottom, so you'd be landing on the battery every time. I like the look of it though, and it would be great if you can use your Mavic controller to fly it (besides just flying in wifi). Looking forward to hearing more news about this drone.

DJI seems to have a liking for extremely short legs.. haha..

BUt I wouldn't worry too much on it, since for the MP people came out with extended landing struts or legs for it, I'm sure some brainy fellow will come out with one for the spark. :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure