DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Drone Pilot - Awaiting Weather For First Flight

I remember these nasty cuts with the plastic propeller turning the glow engines from my airplanes when they kick back. Then I learn and start using starters. Still with the DA-150 engines happened the same to my buddy and those 26X10 open his hand in another backfire. No jokes.

Another buddy Seth Arnold had a bad cut in the libs with an Align 450 helicopter. We sometimes forget a hobby can be very dangerous.
YIKES! I’m struggling with pressing the “Like” button on this one 🤢

Hello from Minnesota and welcome to the Forum....I've heard about your weather, we have family across the Sound in Poulsbo...There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask and the experts are great on providing feedback to you ... Remember to always Fly Safe and Fly Smart. Thumbswayup

Hello from Minnesota and welcome to the Forum....I've heard about your weather, we have family across the Sound in Poulsbo...There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask and the experts are great on providing feedback to you ... Remember to always Fly Safe and Fly Smart. Thumbswayup
Thanks @MavicFlyer2 for the warm welcome. While the Mini 2 is very small, so seems the world. We've got a summer cabin along Hood Canal just north of Poulsbo (about a 20 minute drive). That's where I will likely do the bulk of my flying. Our snow is washing away quickly (we've had over1-1/4" of rain just since midnight. There's hope, supposed to see the sun on...drum roll...Sunday.

Here's a pic from my weather station on the roof.
Cheers

Attachments

• rainydaysandsundays.jpg
    rainydaysandsundays.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Thanks @MavicFlyer2 for the warm welcome. While the Mini 2 is very small, so seems the world. We've got a summer cabin along Hood Canal just north of Poulsbo (about a 20 minute drive). That's where I will likely do the bulk of my flying. Our snow is washing away quickly (we've had over1-1/4" of rain just since midnight. There's hope, supposed to see the sun on...drum roll...Sunday.

Here's a pic from my weather station on the roof.
Cheers
I hope it works out for you and I bet the video/photo will be great.

From the land of Boeing Airplane Company (Seattle WA), retired IT professional and avid amateur photographer. Hoping to see the world from a higher altitude. Looking forward to learning as much as possible before my first flight (we’re having a bit of a snow problem of late).

Very impressed with the quality of the MavicPilots forum, glad to be here.
Welcome from Atlanta, GA. No snow but its been cold out there this week. At least warm enough to get out and fly. Safe travels to you!

From the land of Boeing Airplane Company (Seattle WA), retired IT professional and avid amateur photographer. Hoping to see the world from a higher altitude. Looking forward to learning as much as possible before my first flight (we’re having a bit of a snow problem of late).

Very impressed with the quality of the MavicPilots forum, glad to be here.
Welcome to the forum from the Colorado Rocky Mountain
S! I absolutely love Seattle! I lived there back in the 80’s and have been back to visit. One of my favorite places. I can relate to the weather issues. While we get snow my biggest problem is the wind. The winter winds pretty much have me grounded until about April/May. Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to the forum from the Colorado Rocky Mountain
S! I absolutely love Seattle! I lived there back in the 80’s and have been back to visit. One of my favorite places. I can relate to the weather issues. While we get snow my biggest problem is the wind. The winter winds pretty much have me grounded until about April/May. Happy and safe flying!
Thanks RkyMtnHigh (nice reference to former pilot John Denver ; ) ). Seattle 40 years later is not recognizable, you were fortunate to enjoy it at it’s peak.

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
Hello there, WackeDad, from the "other coast" in Fenwick Island, Delaware.

I can relate to your opening comment about weather. I got my Mini SE a bit over a week ago - and it snowed TWICE the first week I had it, starring as soon as I had the batteries fully charged. Today the high temperature is 24 (f). I did get in two short flights last Thursday - but that's it. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow - forecast sunny and 45.

- Bill

Hello there, WackeDad, from the "other coast" in Fenwick Island, Delaware.

<snip>

- Bill
Hi Bill,
Thanks for the welcome. An east coast adventure is still on my bucket list. For a goodly amount of time we thought we'd start out in NYC and meander up and down the NE coast. Well, after careful consideration, we're not getting anywhere close to there if you don't mind. Your area should provide some great vistas. Have fun with the new SE.
~ror

Reactions: BillS
I like this one welcome to the herd🤠. Only do avanced flying excise's once you're practiced flying. Find an open area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220111-133428~2.png
    Screenshot_20220111-133428~2.png
    790.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I like this one welcome to the herd🤠
Those are great tips indeed, thanks! Although, I think they missed this one:

16. How to safely scamper up a tree to retrieve your new drone.

~ror

This is where I will be learning myself

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220111-135007~2.png
    Screenshot_20220111-135007~2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
This is where I will be learning myself
You're lucky to have such a field. In our neck of the woods, city parks and playfields are off limits for all drones. There are two exceptions but you need to be a fulltime member of both the AMA and the local flying club. Get's pretty expensive.

You're lucky to have such a field. In our neck of the woods, city parks and playfields are off limits for all drones. There are two exceptions but you need to be a fulltime member of both the AMA and the local flying club. Get's pretty expensive.
I when and got permission to fly there

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220111-143112~2.png
    Screenshot_20220111-143112~2.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
Thanks RkyMtnHigh (nice reference to former pilot John Denver ; ) ). Seattle 40 years later is not recognizable, you were fortunate to enjoy it at it’s peak.
We were back up there about 4-5 years ago and I agree, a lot has changed, but it still brought back a many memories. I used to love going to Ivar’s on Alaskan Way and get their fish and chips.

Reactions: WackeDad
We were back up there about 4-5 years ago and I agree, a lot has changed, but it still brought back a many memories. I used to love going to Ivar’s on Alaskan Way and get their fish and chips.
The Alaskan Way Viaduct is gone. Here's a link to the DOT drone footage showing the before and after. You might get a peek at Ivar's on Pier 54. As a kid in college I worked on Pier 55 as a salesman at Fisheries Supply.

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
I never got to see the nice parts.
Just the industrial areas.
But did get to go to the big mall .
In Seattle.

Reactions: WackeDad
The two most useless things in aviation...1) Runway behind you and 2) Altitude above you.
Like your signature BTW. My dad’s favorite was 3) Any landing you can walk away from is a good one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d