DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new features of DJI go 4.0.1

Sky Captain

Reactions
Hi all,

Did a couple flights today to check out the new software, no problems at all. I discovered a couple of new features. In TapFly, there is now a cool new green arrow graphic that seems to indicate your general direction, however I find it a bit distracting and would rather be able to see the feed clearly. Additionally, the autofocus is very automatic now. In fact every time you let go of the sticks to hover, it focuses. If something moves into the field of view, it focuses. There may be more focus triggers, but those are the only ones I noticed today. I tried cinematic mode, and overall I think it is helpful, but my own settings for yaw are better. You can now adjust cinematic mode gain in settings, and something called "course angular velocity range" although I have no idea what that is. I am extremely happy with how the mavic is performing after the recent updates. Who knows what they will add next!

Reactions: RAFALE
That's unfortunate.. why? Because they were unreliable going full out? I guess users could roll back to an older firmware if they're not happy with that

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My understanding was that DJI was fearful of being liable for the actions of unruly pilots by providing a drone capable of worthwhile performance.

Last edited:
Hmmm seems hard to pin that on DJI.. if I drive my car like a maniac no one's going to go after the company that made it

moderator, can you take Forrest's comment out? That takes this thread and changes it in a direction I did not intend. This thread is for experienced mavic users who want to learn to use the mavic and not put any prior bias on it. That is thread hijacking.

Reactions: tccrouch
Is the constant refocusing visible in the recorded video?
If you do a tap during recording you can see it jiggle in and out.
You can toggle it back to how it was before, or select full manual so no big problem but I'm imagining Mavic videos being defined by constant attempt to auto focus if anything new comes in frame.
Don't have it here yet - Android

moderator, can you take Forrest's comment out? That takes this thread and changes it in a direction I did not intend. This thread is for experienced mavic users who want to learn to use the mavic and not put any prior bias on it. That is thread hijacking.
why would they do it?
he wrote his opinion

you should rather learn to use search function and not create duplicate topics
DJI GO 4.0.1 is being discussed here

why would they do it?
he wrote his opinion

you should rather learn to use search function and not create duplicate topics
DJI GO 4.0.1 is being discussed here

Mods have a penchant for deleting things that they deem to be off-topic, that most certainly is.

Reactions: tccrouch
Installed the new FW yesterday and made 10 flights today, 8 of them with the FPV Camera App.
No problems at all but miss now the Vivid Color option.

Any ideas?

My app version is 4.0.0 not 4.0.1 ... i am useing Android is 4.0.1 an iOS updated version ?

And i found the answer .... yes it is an iOS update only atm....

Installed the new FW yesterday and made 10 flights today, 8 of them with the FPV Camera App.
No problems at all but miss now the Vivid Color option.

Any ideas?

Fpv camera app? Have I missed something?? What is that?

The also changed the ART setting for the video. It now includes 10 different film types. I haven't played much with it yet do to inclement weather. But it looks real cool

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13