DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 30/06/2022

I bought a 900km/h car. In my country it is illegal to drive over 200km/h. You will go to jail at 300km/h. People with the same car are complaining on most roads they can only drive 600-700km/h instead of 900km/h which is what they paid for.
As with most people's misunderstanding of the problem that keep saying that if you just follow the rules there isn't a problem, this analogy is completely wrong.

How about this...
I paid for a car that is supposed to go 120km/h on roads where I am legally allowed to drive at 120km/h. Also, I can legally drive as far as I want because we don't have distance restrictions on our small cars.
But, I received a car that only goes 30km/h. Maybe if I could find a road where everyone else is driving 30km/h it wouldn't be that bad. But on most of the roads in my area everyone is driving 120km/h. It is really hard for me to get anywhere. I can barely get going fast enough to merge onto the roads, but when I do I keep getting cut off and forced off the road. So I usually end up not getting that far before I am forced to return back to home.

As with most people's misunderstanding of the problem that keep saying that if you just follow the rules there isn't a problem, this analogy is completely wrong.

How about this...
I paid for a car that is supposed to go 120km/h on roads where I am legally allowed to drive at 120km/h. Also, I can legally drive as far as I want because we don't have distance restrictions on our small cars.
But, I received a car that only goes 30km/h. Maybe if I could find a road where everyone else is driving 30km/h it wouldn't be that bad. But on most of the roads in my area everyone is driving 120km/h. It is really hard for me to get anywhere. I can barely get going fast enough to merge onto the roads, but when I do I keep getting cut off and forced off the road. So I usually end up not getting that far before I am forced to return back to home.
If I purchased a car that would only accelerate to 30 km/h when it was supposed to go 120 km/h I would return the car. I would ask for an exchange of the same model and value. If the dealer told me it would be weeks before an equitable replacement would be available, I would wait. I'd rather be car-less for a few weeks than settle for a faulty car just to avoid being without...
If the 2nd car would only accelerate to 30 km/h then I would have my money refunded and try my luck with another car manufacturer

How about this...
Perfectly put.

Reactions: Flashheart
Anyone have a clue why it would be removed from the Mini 3 forum? I understand that there is a separate forum but leaving it in the Mini 3 would allow folks to simply "see" it without having to check the firmware forum. Seems like a disservice to the forum members to require them to check the firmware forum regularly instead of simply seeing the post in the forum they normally frequent.
It would and i agree but 1 mod in partcular has a particular issue with common sense so keeps moving them.

Reactions: Flashheart
FWIW i just tested portrait vertical panoramas and it doesnt seem to work. Still says it only works in landscape mode.

Reactions: nzmikey
If I purchased a car that would only accelerate to 30 km/h when it was supposed to go 120 km/h I would return the car. I would ask for an exchange of the same model and value. If the dealer told me it would be weeks before an equitable replacement would be available, I would wait. I'd rather be car-less for a few weeks than settle for a faulty car just to avoid being without...
If the 2nd car would only accelerate to 30 km/h then I would have my money refunded and try my luck with another car manufacturer
That's your choice and others have done the same. I found a way to bypass the limiter and still get it to go 120km/h, it just takes an extra 60s to do so before I go out driving (annoying, but not that bad). The firmware is at fault, not the hardware which is why I didn't send it back. I would expect it to be fixed in a future firmware update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
FWIW i just tested portrait vertical panoramas and it doesnt seem to work. Still says it only works in landscape mode.
It was in fact vertical Hyperlapse, not vertical Panorama. They change the wording afterwards

Reactions: Torque

How about this...

You messed it up completely.

The car manufacturer states that it can go 900km/h if it is on a special race track and 120km/h in urban areas.

What's your point? Everyone knows that some people are not experiencing range issues, that doesnt mean a lot of others are not

Also in the title the poster literally says it's in FCC mode

That's the problem, drones in Canada are defaulting to CE mode which gets significantly less range, they should be in FCC mode.

I’m literally googling around trying to find out this also! Love shooting panos vertically so was hoping this can now be done grrrr

Anyone have a clue why it would be removed from the Mini 3 forum? I understand that there is a separate forum but leaving it in the Mini 3 would allow folks to simply "see" it without having to check the firmware forum. Seems like a disservice to the forum members to require them to check the firmware forum regularly instead of simply seeing the post in the forum they normally frequent.
Firmware/Sofware have a separate forum and that’s where they
go. Hate you feel like it’s a disservice but we work real hard to
keep things organized .
Also before you do decide to discuss moderation do read our guidelines. Contact some staff member before with your concern
first.
dc

So I just got off the phone with DJI support and they basically told me signal issues are not a common problem and only a handful of people are experiencing them at the moment.

They said that any signal issues had been fixed with the latest update and recommended that I return the drone if I'm not satisfied.

What a joke company lol
I think that's actually a pretty good offer.
If it ain't working right and it doesn't please you - we'll refund your money.
You could then buy another and see if it fixes your dissatisfactions.

Reactions: MS Coast
From what I hear the update did nothing for signal issues, will test out as soon as I can
As far I'm concerned, it's worse. I do testing in my backyard and never had interference warnings before; not when I first got the Mini 3 and not on my other 3 DJI drones.. After I made the update yesterday, I got the interference warning. I don't think I'll fly the Mini 3 until the next update.

I’m literally googling around trying to find out this also! Love shooting panos vertically so was hoping this can now be done grrrr

It's gone from the latest release notes unfortunately so either it was a typo or they pulled it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J