DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware DJI Go disconnects. Switch to Litchi?

TrashPanda

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I have updated my firmware a month or so ago in order to use the 360 Panorama feature.

Ever since the update I have been getting frequent DJI Go in flight disconnects. (Absolutely no disconnects before the firmware update.)

I am now considering the litchi app. It also has a pano function as well as a couple of other features I would like to experiment with.

Do you guys reckon this is a good idea?

Another thing:

I have seen a couple of 360 pano threads here: Litchi apparently takes a lot longer, but gives you a better exposed panorama.

Yesterday we did a couple of panoramas, and a couple of them is overexposed to the point of being useless.

This seems to happen randomly....

Reactions: hopeless128
litchi is worth the money, the pano feature it has is muchhhhhh better, u can change so many parmameters in it for panos, u can change how many rows and how many pics per row and how many degress u want the pano, 90-135-180-360 what ever u want, i find litchi works better on some phones too, it uses way less resources than dji go, yes the panos take wayyyyy longer than dji, this is because it stops to properly expose every image and u can choose how long u want betwween images for it to focus etc, i choose .5 second, i choose 2 rows of 5 images for 180 degree panos, never tried a 360 but i am sure it would do what u want, its not fast though a 360 pano would take some time and be a ton of images, and the downfall is litchi doesnt put each pano into a seperate folder so when u get home u have a ton of files to sort thru, i need to know how many pics in your pano, its a great app and i havent had a disconnect as of yet, as for your dji go are u on ios or android, if androind simply uninstall and get a older version, simple, ios not as simple but doeable i think

Hi Gene,

Thanks!

Makes sense to me.... I get the feeling that DJI go zips through the panorama too fast for the camera to keep up.

I also like the fact that litchi uses less resources.

The files will be a bit of a pain, but I should be able to use the file times to separate the panos from each other.

I am using a Tab S3 / Note 4.

I have not tried using an older version of the app yet - good idea.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman