DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware Updated and now Mavic is Unsteady

chris956

Reactions
Had the MP for a good few weeks now and its flying really nicely. Rock steady on GPS and the aircraft was performing very well and confidence inspiring to fly further each time .......

...... and then I updated the firmware....... Went to fly it tonight and it said new firmware so I set it on its way. 30 minutes later both MP and RC updated.

Sent it up in the sky and it was wondering all over the place. Had 18 satellites fixed and it was as if I had one of the sticks slightly off centre ( I didnt ). A little disconcerting as it was slowly drifting backwards towards the house ! I have done nothing different to normal so what on earth is going on ?

I also noticed the focus was very blurry after pressing the screen which again has never had before ?

Its too dark to fly now but I`ll have a go tomorrow but if there is no improvement then I`m rolling back to the original firmware it came with which was spot on.

Anyone else noticed this ???

Already a thread on the new firmware.

Firmware v01.03.0400

Seems your the only one with that issue, altho some talk about range issues now. Are you sure you have the prop guard installed settings turned off?

Mine is a bit unsteady when coming down now after the update. Nothing too crazy, but I did notice it.

I calibrated my IMU after noticing a faint wobble when hovering after the firmware update. It's fine now. (Yes, I sat it out in 36F cold for 8 minutes, then sat it, propless, on a surface I checked with a bubble level. It's really hard to go wrong with IMU calibration if you do it that obsessively.)

Other than the wobble, I've had no issues except occasionally the vision sensors think they're malfunctioning when they're not- apparently they sellf-test and diagnose every time you turn your Mavic on, now,

Reactions: FLwaverunner
Checked the prop guard setting and it has remained off after the update , so not that. Have done an IMU calibration but cant seem to do a compass calibration as the house is full of magnetic interference !! Will do that later out in the field and report back ......

One thing I forgot to mention was a couple of the RTH settings were reset so check them before flying after updating

IMU & Compass calibration complete and its like brand new again. Way better and rock solid with no drifting :)

Reactions: FLwaverunner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan