DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Go App Updates

dirkclod

Reactions
IMG_7549.jpg Here we go again.

If this has been posted sorry and tell me .

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Mine downloaded automatically.

Just burned 3 battery's and had no disconnects and did fine.
Will test more latter but had forgot to charge mini to 100% and battery went low plus fingers got cold . :rolleyes:

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
View attachment 6319 Here we go again.

If this has been posted sorry and tell me .
Please let me know where to get this Update link?
I went to the GooglePlay and saw something different. I got my Mavic 4 weeks ago but have not had time to start using it yet, planning to work on it this weekend. Just finished reading 2 times the user manual. Is there any firmware update and what Go App should I use? Any tips are appreciated.
Thanks.

Reactions: backin5
I went to the GooglePlay and saw something different. I got my Mavic 4 weeks ago but have not had time to start using it yet, planning to work on it this weekend. Just finished reading 2 times the user manual. Is there any firmware update and what Go App should I use? Any tips are appreciated.
Thanks.

Always use DJI GO 4. I wouldn't bother with third party. You will be prompted to update upon connection if one is available . Before take off and after the update I would actually calibrate the IMU, Compass and Gimbal (make sure your gimbal roll is set to 0 before calibration) in that order. Make sure you have an extremely level surface. Do it through the app. Then restart charge up and then test it.

Some people will say only calibrate when the app asks you to do so. After updates etc and especially since it's been in a box and considering I watch the forums closely on the Mavic. I actually would calibrate it all for the 1st use then calibrate as needed or when the app asks you to do so. I would not calibrate the vision sensors. Those shouldn't have any impact from the shipping. DJI probably calibrated those best from the factory. You can't do that with out the computer anyways.

By doing this you'll be increasing its reliability in ATTI mode making sure the horizon is level as it can be etc. It will save you a lot of headaches out of the box if something is off on the first flight. Make sure those propellers are locked as well and use the simulator to get a feel for the controls.

Someone who pulls it from the box and flys is irresponsible. I'd turn her on indoors do those calibrations. Propellers off check the settings and learn the app 1st. It'll answer a lot of questions and save you a potential headache later. Horizon tilt could be a bad gimbal or IMU calibration. No point asking. Go through the motions especially if you just received it.

There is a lot to learn. But most of it is learning for yourself. It's the easiest thing I ever flown but it has a lot of tech. Also if it's your first flight and drone leave it in beginner mode and leave the garbage dome bubble on. You'll have some flare from that plastic but if you rough up on then landing learning the drone or say you auto land in some gravel at least you have some protection. Once you feel more confident fly with the bubble off for the best image but keep the cover along with the clamp for storage and packing.

I'd also look for a day around 37 degrees and no rain and light winds as well. The Mavic is stable in 25mph winds but if it enters ATTI mode due to a loss of GPS it'll be a bit of work especially if it's your first flight.

Not trying to scare you. I have flown many and the Mavic never ceases to amaze me in how easy it is to fly. But for the first time I'd take the precautions just to make sure you give yourself the best possible chance as you learn it. I don't recommend flying indoors either. It's too easy to clip something even if it's stable. ATTI mode at 8 feet is way different than ATTI mode at 50 feet. You get the help of Sonar and VPS at 8 feet. Not so much at 50 feet. You'll be flying in GPS mode 9/10 times but if the time comes for ATTI mode as it automatically switches in a signal loss you'll want a calm day. The flight characteristics change dramatically.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Thanks.
Not sure it"s out for android yet Tony .

Reactions: TonyAloha
Must be iPhone only. Not on Google Play store. Our last update was 2/10/17 and update notes didnt mention crashes.

Reactions: Bzzz
As far as I have read it's only IOS at the moment .
Also they never mention them only users. though I have yet to have one because of the app only my flying .:)

Yes, get out there and Fly it!
REading the manual twice helped me.
Make sure, if you haven't already, watch YouTube videos on how to fly and set up.
Most important have fun and fly safe!!!

Does anyone know if there's a way to view a map of NFZs within the app?

Does anyone know if there's a way to view a map of NFZs within the app?

There's not, so I use a separate app called Hover. It has weather, timer, and logs, but I don't use any of that stuff. The maps have the circular 5-mile radius notices around airports.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4