DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New here. Update questions

Swagartm12

Reactions
So the more I read the more opinions I get on this. Some say always update right away or you will crash and die, while others say if it’s working great leave it there. I have only had the Mavic for 2 days but have already managed to log well over an hour in the air with zero problems, but haven’t updated to the 1.04.....Any input would be greatly appreciated! I’m still in awe every time I take this thing up how well it truly works. Almost unbelievable the capabilities for such a small relatively affordable piece of technology

So the more I read the more opinions I get on this. Some say always update right away or you will crash and die, while others say if it’s working great leave it there. I have only had the Mavic for 2 days but have already managed to log well over an hour in the air with zero problems, but haven’t updated to the 1.04.....Any input would be greatly appreciated! I’m still in awe every time I take this thing up how well it truly works. Almost unbelievable the capabilities for such a small relatively affordable piece of technology
Alright. I also got it 3 days ago so here's my view on the update.

It was working fine when all of a sudden the controller disconnected and it shot 96 feet up and returned home.

Yes it returned home but the connection was lost and it did it 3 times after too and then I updated and flew 3 batteries, much further away and without even a glitch!

I'd say if you are better off updating, it definitely hasn't hurt me!

Also welcome I don't know much about drones yet either besides they're really awesome.

I have had my Mavic for over a year and have taken every update that has been released.

The only thing I would advise is do not take the update on release day ..... wait a week or so then take the update this will allow any major issues to be resolved.

The current V1.4.0100 firmware and GO4 app have been out for a while so it is fine to update IMO.

Sometimes it's not only about the Mavic but the device you are using with it.
eg the current GO4 for IOS needed IOS at 11.2 to work correctly.

Running an old firmware version usually doesn't cause any problems. Since I don't know all of the little fixes/tweaks DJI made (since they only mention the major changes in the Mavic release notes), I like to install the latest firmware versions after they are known to be stable. By that, I mean I usually do not install them the day they are released. I'll wait a few days to see if anyone reports any major issues (which is not common).

Also, iOS and Android updates vary in release dates and reliability So wait, and make sure it will work ok on your device. FW updates are usually pretty safe, but some have trouble with the update, based on their WiFi device. I have always updated my FW and iOS and GO4, over WiFi, never had a problem. you know the old saying, "if it isn't broken, don't fix it", really applies here. Some updates fix problems, and some updates make more.

I did update when I got it in September. Haven't updated since. Works brilliant so decided to stay there.

I did update when I got it in September. Haven't updated since. Works brilliant so decided to stay there.

Me too. No "major" issues. Had some early app crashes on my S7 Edge, but putting it in airplane mode seems to have fixed that.

I like to install the latest firmware versions after they are known to be stable. By that, I mean I usually do not install them the day they are released. I'll wait a few days to see if anyone reports any major issues (which is not common).
Do you or anyone else know if the latest DJI GO update 4.1.22 requires a firmware update as well?
Thanks,
Marty

You can upgrade to the latest version of DJI GO without upgrading the firmware.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv