DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New hood for Mini 3

Pushkur

Reactions
Arriving today, seems a little bit expensive, but could be handy, the ones I have for my M2 and MPZ allowed me to dispense with using the gimbal protection cover and just leave the hood on permanently, though obviously the cover gives a bit more protection
Apologies if already covered.

Attachments

• 200E5377-3837-4661-97A6-114FA45F0AAB.png
    200E5377-3837-4661-97A6-114FA45F0AAB.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 29
Thanks for the heads up on that. Yeah, expensive, but probably worth the expense. But not black to help prevent flare?

I've flown my Mini 2 religiously with a gimbal guard and it's saved my gimbal more than once. The gimbal is the most expensive part to replace if you have to, or may save you from a repair entirely. I had one indoor crash where my Mini 2 went into atti mode, crashed into a ceiliing where the props stopped then crashed to the floor. The hull was cracked and the camera "spit out" the protective window on the lens, but the gimbal was instact and fully functional.

Edit: I found it on Amazon US in black. With tax it was about $15 US so I ordered it. I'll get it tomorrow if the Amazon delivery service deems it so :).

1660410123327.png

Reactions: Pushkur and Torque
Thanks for the heads up on that. Yeah, expensive, but probably worth the expense. But not black to help prevent flare?

I've flown my Mini 2 religiously with a gimbal guard and it's saved my gimbal more than once. The gimbal is the most expensive part to replace if you have to, or may save you from a repair entirely. I had one indoor crash where my Mini 2 went into atti mode, crashed into a ceiliing where the props stopped then crashed to the floor. The hull was cracked and the camera "spit out" the protective window on the lens, but the gimbal was instact and fully functional.

Edit: I found it on Amazon US in black. With tax it was about $15 US so I ordered it. I'll get it tomorrow if the Amazon delivery service deems it so :).

View attachment 153272
Yes available in black and grey,.
I cut out a bit more foam in my small hard case to accept the Mini 3 with the hood still attached, so it will stay on permanently.
The props only just sit in place though when legs are folded ! I‘ve always just used a strip of Velcro to hold the props in place.
Hood gives very good protection to the gimbal, you would have to be unlucky to damage the gimbal if you managed to hit something.
That’s my main reason for using it, though the sun shade Is always useful in bright weather.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trubbaman