DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New landing gear for my brand new mavic

I haven't had my Mavic long enough to figure this out BUT on my previous quads (DJI F450 and Yuneec Q500, it very clearly says to turn it on on a LEVEL surface, So that the quad can adjust its sensors gimbal and gyros to level attitude. Those tank tracks do not allow the Mavic to be in its stock "level" attitude.
This could be a problem if it thinks the new landing gear attitude is level.

Reactions: Chase R
Well.... don't know how many people is going to land on rocks :) think would be more dangerous without the landing gear cause props are closer to the ground

You can't land on rocks with that landing gear either. If you can't land then catch it. I thought it was going to eat it in that video you posted and that was on flat ground indoors.

I haven't had my Mavic long enough to figure this out BUT on my previous quads (DJI F450 and Yuneec Q500, it very clearly says to turn it on on a LEVEL surface, So that the quad can adjust its sensors gimbal and gyros to level attitude. Those tank tracks do not allow the Mavic to be in its stock "level" attitude.
This could be a problem if it thinks the new landing gear attitude is level.

I know my IMU calibration at startup is very picky if its tilted at all. IDK how this even works.

You can't land on rocks with that landing gear either. If you can't land then catch it. I thought it was going to eat it in that video you posted and that was on flat ground indoors.

As i said before , this is great for grass and sand , i live in the beach and used a similar gear for my parrot bebop 2 and worked flawlessly

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB