DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic 15,000ft

miamijato

Reactions
So I just received my Mavic yesterday in the mail, I set it all up, and went to an abandoned construction field in a heavy, heavy wifi many houses, malls, etc. On my second flight out I achieved 15,000ft at 235ft altitude without a blink of signal being lost and finally at 15000 it disconnected and came back on it's own. I am proof that this machine is way better in range then my P4P, hands down no arguments!!!!!!! Camera is not as good at night as the P4P is thou. I fly strictly in urban envirement mostly. What you guys think of that?. Very excited about this little machine. You won't be disappointed...

Last edited:
So I just received my Mavic yesterday in the mail, I set it all up, and went to an abandoned construction field in a heavy, heavy wifi many houses, malls, etc. On my second flight out I achieved 15,000ft at 235ft altitude without a blink of signal being lost and finally at 15000 it disconnected and came back on it's own. I am proof that this machine is way better in range then my P4P, hands down no arguments!!!!!!! Camera is not as good at night as the P4P is thou. I fly strictly in urban envirement mostly. What you guys think of that?. Very excited about this little machine. You won't be disappointed...

Congrats! Can you post flight?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I went out a bit over 20,000', all stock, in a quiet area at 350' - never lost signal, worked great. It works well! Only turned around due to battery, landed at 18%.

Do all of you that do long distance flights turn off obstacle avoidance? I would think you need the extra speed to make it that far and back. Do you stay in P mode unless there's a reason to switch to Sport, like high winds?

I can't get past 17k before the low battery warning. Did you ignore the warning to get 20k?

Yes, with experience, you learn when you can ignore that warning and by how much. And of course turn off obstacle avoidance. I don't use sport mode for those flights as I believe the "econ speed" is a bit slower. I just tried it that one time with the Mavic but in the P2 and P3 days did a lot.

exactly, turn everything off and experience will take you the rest of way........

Neighbor called the sheriff's office on me and threatened to shoot it down. I was still in line of sight and not even over her property. But what she didn't realize is I'm the deputies lieutenant at the sheriff's office and will be paying her a visit on reckless discharge of a firearm and FAA federal regulations about shooting at unmanned aircrafts lol

Reactions: larkin
Neighbor called the sheriff's office on me and threatened to shoot it down. I was still in line of sight and not even over her property. But what she didn't realize is I'm the deputies lieutenant at the sheriff's office and will be paying her a visit on reckless discharge of a firearm and FAA federal regulations about shooting at unmanned aircrafts lol
But 11000 ft over farm land was my best. Very impressed with the Mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190