DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air 2 owner - Vancouver Island

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Just purchased my first drone, passed the RPAS Advanced and now will work on learning to fly the dam thing before scheding a review, hopefully within a few weeks. Looking forward to learning from this forum too!
Welcome to the forum and good luck on the review. Make sure you understand the city bylaws where you are flying. It’s one thing to know the federal rules but the city rules may keep you grounded. I’m in Calgary and unless you get a special permit, you can’t fly the MA2 in the city. Thank goodness I have a mini as well which I can fly in the city parks.
Cheers!

Just purchased my first drone, passed the RPAS Advanced and now will work on learning to fly the dam thing before scheding a review, hopefully within a few weeks. Looking forward to learning from this forum too!

Welcome and man you got some awesome vista's to drone up there.

Lots of helpful info here, so gleen what you can and go fly the drone within reason as a newbie. Also get DJI's flight simulator to practice your skills while not actually in the air. May save you in the long run.

Make sure to post some of those awesome vista's you have for all to see.

Welcome to the forum from beautiful Colorado. You're in a great part of the world for some spectacular scenery. Happy and safe flying!

Hi PB, welcome to the wealth of knowledge, what breed did you purchase from??

Welcome to the forum and good luck on the review. Make sure you understand the city bylaws where you are flying. It’s one thing to know the federal rules but the city rules may keep you grounded. I’m in Calgary and unless you get a special permit, you can’t fly the MA2 in the city. Thank goodness I have a mini as well which I can fly in the city parks.
Cheers!
Appreciated!

Reactions: Steel63
Welcome and man you got some awesome vista's to drone up there.

Lots of helpful info here, so gleen what you can and go fly the drone within reason as a newbie. Also get DJI's flight simulator to practice your skills while not actually in the air. May save you in the long run.

Make sure to post some of those awesome vista's you have for all to see.
Thanks, I’m trying not to go too fast as there is so much to learn and seemingly, so little time!

Reactions: Steel63
Welcome to the forum! :)

Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.
Appreciated!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas