DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Case Design - Suggestions Welcome

Veritas Matt

Reactions
Hi guys, I'm new here and want to let you know that we are designing a new case specifically for the Mavic Pro. I'd like ask the group for your suggestions about what you'd like to see in the ultimate drone case.

• Durability - Hard case or backpack style
  • Waterproof - Is this important
  • Security
  • Colors - Any interest in non-black?
  • Interior - What items would you like to hold and what quantity?
  • Anything else??
Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Matt

Hi guys, I'm new here and want to let you know that we are designing a new case specifically for the Mavic Pro. I'd like ask the group for your suggestions about what you'd like to see in the ultimate drone case.

• Security
  • Anything else??

Matt
Are you referring to a small case just to hold the MP, or a full size case to hold everything (controller, batteries, charger, etc.)?

Whatever is needed, but I should have noted it was a full size lockable case that holds multiple items. There are several designs out there but want to give the group a chance to make any suggestions in case there is something missing or needed by pilots.

I feel there are many options in this space already and not sure how much you can improve it but I would be interested in a case that would hold the Mavic, controller, and a couple of batteries with charger. It would have to still be small enough to fit inside a standard backpack and would have to have cushion to protect the individual components. Right now I am using 2 cases, one for the Mavic and one for the controller, but I still have to put the batteries in the backpack loose or in other pockets. It is not that big of a deal but for the right price I would consider an upgrade.

I am not worried about water-proofing, colors would be cool but not if it causes higher prices IMO. I would want the case to be rigid (cannot be crushed without significant force) bot not something like a hard ABS case.

Reactions: Veritas Matt
Hi Matt,

I've been in the RC hobby for many years an I have quite a few hard cases and soft cases. I uses them primarily for travel, but they serve to be a great place for storage also. One thing I always worry about when I travel is my battery's, are they safe. Typically I place them in a Lipo safe bag and tuck them in a separate travel case. With his said, I'd like to make a request for safe compartments for the batteries. I guess some would say the foam would protect them, but personally I would prefer them isolated. In a rare event that an accedent did happen during travel, collateral damage could be reduced.

Some more of my rambling...

I prefer a back pack or soft sided case. It tends to be less threatening to other cargo that's delicate. Hard cases do offer the best protection, but they are clunky if you don't intent to stack, sit, or check them.

Water resistant is good, water proof is awesome.

Room for portable devices, and additional equipment is a +.

I like color choices, but black is always a winner if the only other option is pink.

Thanks

I feel there are many options in this space already and not sure how much you can improve it but I would be interested in a case that would hold the Mavic, controller, and a couple of batteries with charger. It would have to still be small enough to fit inside a standard backpack and would have to have cushion to protect the individual components. Right now I am using 2 cases, one for the Mavic and one for the controller, but I still have to put the batteries in the backpack loose or in other pockets. It is not that big of a deal but for the right price I would consider an upgrade.

I am not worried about water-proofing, colors would be cool but not if it causes higher prices IMO. I would want the case to be rigid (cannot be crushed without significant force) bot not something like a hard ABS case.

Thanks Motley. Interesting to hear about a hard case fitting into a backpack. The best of both portability and durability worlds. Size is a major factor in this design and that's great feedback. Definitely want to get that controller into the same case I would think.
ABS or Polypropelene would be the material choices, and have different tensile strengths, but PP is usually plenty strong unless it's planned to be run over by truck.

Hi Matt,

I've been in the RC hobby for many years an I have quite a few hard cases and soft cases. I uses them primarily for travel, but they serve to be a great place for storage also. One thing I always worry about when I travel is my battery's, are they safe. Typically I place them in a Lipo safe bag and tuck them in a separate travel case. With his said, I'd like to make a request for safe compartments for the batteries. I guess some would say the foam would protect them, but personally I would prefer them isolated. In a rare event that an accedent did happen during travel, collateral damage could be reduced.

Some more of my rambling...

I prefer a back pack or soft sided case. It tends to be less threatening to other cargo that's delicate. Hard cases do offer the best protection, but they are clunky if you don't intent to stack, sit, or check them.

Water resistant is good, water proof is awesome.

Room for portable devices, and additional equipment is a +.

I like color choices, but black is always a winner if the only other option is pink.

Thanks

Thanks piscaj - Interesting comment about integrating Lipo safe compartments. I'll have to look into that a bit more to see if it's practical for manufacturing!

• Security
  • Anything else??

Matt

Carbon fiber

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi Matt... hope you're still monitoring this post from a few months ago and you will still be manufacturing the Ultimate Mavic Pro case. And I have a picture of it right here for you. This pic came from Drone World, but apparently they will not be carrying it after all or it is still being produced for them. At any rate, "this" is the Ultimate Mavic Pro case (which is currently unavailable).
It'll hold lots of batteries, lots of accessories, it'll hold a fair sized tablet (with device holder attached) and big enough for custom antennae mods as well, without having to disassemble everything when finished flying. This is the bomb man, right here...

Ultimate Mavic Pro case.png

Matt

Hi Matt,

Do you have dimensions on your foam? For case you're selling on Amazon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe