DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Propellers

Cerberus

Reactions
Got a question here regarding them plus a personal view of the performance on the New Props.

Question :- Are the new props way way way thinner than the older version? Just received my new props today and it feels really filmsy in comparison to the older version.

Next the verdict, is probably old news for most of you guys but I'll just add my piece here regardless

Verdict on the new props :- Tested the rpm and noise lvl on the old and new.

Old Props : RPM around 570 to 590 plus on a normal day (tried it at night though as I just gotten the new props in the afternoon). The noise only gets barely noticeable at around 60 plus meters up in the air.

New Props :- RPM at 480 to 500. Noise lvl gets barely noticeable at around 40 plus meters in the air.

I'll say it is really a big improvement over the old Props for sure. The only thing I haven't tested is the flight time.

A bit wary to try flying around as the new props really feels a lot thinner than the old one and is giving me pause to test it a bit further.

Cheers.

Are the new props way way way thinner than the older version?
To me, the new props only seem thinner on the edges. The center area of the prop is just as sturdy as the original props.

To me, the new props only seem thinner on the edges. The center area of the prop is just as sturdy as the original props.

weird, the one I got felt thinner in the whole thing, not just the edges

Are you sure you're using OEM DJI props?

Got a link to the place where you purchased them?

Last edited:
Buy only OEM when it comes to props. I have seen so many drones fall from the sky because people bought cheaper props. Those drone "Meetups" are a good place to see what happens when people buy non OEM props.

Here' s my non-scientific take on the new props vs the standard ones. Yes, they do appear quieter. Yes, they do appear to be a bit more 'flimsy' than the standard props. They also appear (to me) to make the Mavic a bit more 'floaty'. Probably not the best description. While quieter, I didn't exactly find the standard props to be 'loud' to begin with. I have since taken them off and am using the standard props exclusively now. Just find the Mavic to be much more stable in the air with them on. And again, merely my opinion.

Reactions: GreatScott
Here' s my non-scientific take on the new props vs the standard ones. Yes, they do appear quieter. Yes, they do appear to be a bit more 'flimsy' than the standard props. They also appear (to me) to make the Mavic a bit more 'floaty'. Probably not the best description. While quieter, I didn't exactly find the standard props to be 'loud' to begin with. I have since taken them off and am using the standard props exclusively now. Just find the Mavic to be much more stable in the air with them on. And again, merely my opinion.

If your Mavic is brand new, probably...

I had mine since last year march and honestly, I find the props getting louder and louder..

as per verdict I made above, with my old ori props, the noise is still there until around 60 meters in the air..

the new one (though not OEM) goes off at 40 plus meters, thats a pretty huge difference in my book.
:)

Reactions: Richard X
Question, I went to DJI Store and my account has a credit of USD 200..

how do I use that credit amount to purchase something from the DJI store?
'Thanks

Edit :- This is depressing... DJI does not ship to malaysia now.. So all that DJI credit gone down the drain... MArvelous..

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002