DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Welcome to the Forum! It depends on what you want out of the drone. You will get better stills out of the Pro 2, and have the ability to use the Smart Controller with the built in screen which I recommend. They say there may be a firmware update for the Air 2 that allows you to use the Smart Controller with it, but I don't know if and when. If you are looking to save some money and still get solid stills and video, the Air 2 is a good option. If you would like, shoot us a message and I can send you a few quotes on some different packages and answer any questions to get you into the right set up for you.

Thanks,
FDS Team

After reading in your other thread I’m just going to recommend you do some reading in here, Look in Photo/Video section and what all models are capable of.
The Pro has more features but for the money the Air
might suit you just fine.
Im partial to the M2P as i have it. When I get the Air and am
that might be my go to.
Again welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the Forum! It depends on what you want out of the drone. You will get better stills out of the Pro 2, and have the ability to use the Smart Controller with the built in screen which I recommend. They say there may be a firmware update for the Air 2 that allows you to use the Smart Controller with it, but I don't know if and when. If you are looking to save some money and still get solid stills and video, the Air 2 is a good option. If you would like, shoot us a message and I can send you a few quotes on some different packages and answer any questions to get you into the right set up for you.

Thanks,
FDS Team
How much for the Pro with the smart controller and package with 3 extra batteries etc.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and suggestions. We look forward to hearing and seeing your drone adventure from your part of the world.

welcome to the forum

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi and welcome :)

The way I started out was buying cheap drones before I decided to invest in DJI products. They all ended up in trees :(

My first real drone was the DJI Spark, and I loved it! However as time went on, two limitations made me want to upgrade. Namely the range the drone had before signal dropped, and the 2 axis gimbal. My current drone is the Mavic 2 zoom.

Now the two drones you are looking at both have occusync 2, which gives you excellent communication between the drone and controller up to the visual line of sight, and WAY beyond. They both have 3 axis gimbals so smooth, stabilised photography is guaranteed. It depends on your budget, but both drones will give you excellent video and stills, and both have the same brilliant occusync.

There are differences between them that might make a difference to you. The Pro2 has a camera that is aimed more at the serious photographer in that there are more controls, and a bigger sensor. The Air 2 does have anti collision sensors, but there isn't one on the top. There are others of course, but these are two of the bigger differences. If you get the Air 2, you won't need to upgrade it for a better one for some time, but you may need to buy a new phone or tablet, as they are new and there are some issues with compatibility with older devices. I've not used the smart controller, so have no personal opinions on that.

But it all boils down to money. If you have loads of spare cash go for the Mavic 2 Pro. If you are on a limited budget then the Air is an excellent choice.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905