DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MM firmware just out

Keswick to YZD is about the same as my area to YZD. I wonder what gives? Haven't had a chance to fly the Mavic Mini in my usual spot but plan to tomorrow. Have you noticed an altitude restriction at all?

Reactions: goatman1
Keswick to YZD is about the same as my area to YZD. I wonder what gives? Haven't had a chance to fly the Mavic Mini in my usual spot but plan to tomorrow. Have you noticed an altitude restriction at all?
The DJI GEO Zone map shows a temporary restricted area for Downsview Airport from April 20 to July 30, but It's just a small area in Toronto that's affected and a long way from Keswick. I have 2 phones that I use with the Mini -- an Android (Samsung) and an Apple iphone 6. With the Android, the audible restricted area warning is right in my face almost non-stop and all of the right stick controls are gutless, ie slow speeds in every direction. The Apple gives me one audible warning but then it shuts up and the speed is way faster. This is all since I did the firmware update today. I was just flying at my house. I went up to around 200 ft with no issues. I'm surprised it allows take off if it thinks you're in a restricted zone. I'm a little worried that it might suddenly land without warning in a bad location.

Well that was a short flight. The new update essentially grounds my mavic mini. Took it to an area southwest (so even further away from YZD) for test flight. Made the mistake of taking off in one of the status screens and it said that I was nearby to a restricted area. I couldn't cancel or close the screen so I had to kill the app on my S7 and reopen it. That allowed me to see the rest of the flight telemetry.

Just like Bosco Bear, the aircraft simply crawled along at a max speed of 10.2km/hr. Same speed for sport and program mode. I'm essentially grounded until this gets sorted out.
Question-Can I revert to the old firmware or is it a one way ticket? When I did the update Thursday, it actually went smoothly using my phone. I haven't messed with firmware in over two years and that was on my P4P. I do have the DJI assistant for Mavic Mini downloaded but haven't installed it.

Why is it every time I update it the update says it all done then the controller starts beeping constant? Restore the previous version and no issues??

Why is it every time I update it the update says it all done then the controller starts beeping constant? Restore the previous version and no issues??
if you update using the app the RC gets updated at the same time otherwise if assistant 2 is used you have to do the RC seperatly

Just how is this accomplished?

Thanks..
the battery that was in the MM during the update will get its update at the same time,if you have more than one battery the you leave the RC and device on and connected
then put the second battery in the MM turn on the MM and in the device screen you will get a message saying battery update required touch the blue part of the message and it will then do the update when its finished just turn off the MM put the next battery in and do the same thing till all your batts are updated

Well that was a short flight. The new update essentially grounds my mavic mini. Took it to an area southwest (so even further away from YZD) for test flight. Made the mistake of taking off in one of the status screens and it said that I was nearby to a restricted area. I couldn't cancel or close the screen so I had to kill the app on my S7 and reopen it. That allowed me to see the rest of the flight telemetry.

Just like Bosco Bear, the aircraft simply crawled along at a max speed of 10.2km/hr. Same speed for sport and program mode. I'm essentially grounded until this gets sorted out.
Question-Can I revert to the old firmware or is it a one way ticket? When I did the update Thursday, it actually went smoothly using my phone. I haven't messed with firmware in over two years and that was on my P4P. I do have the DJI assistant for Mavic Mini downloaded but haven't installed it.
I did a little more experimenting... switching back and forth between phones, etc. With the Samsung I'm getting the restricted zone warning. It lets me fly but at a reduced speed and it keeps reminding me that I'm in a restricted area. I'm in my backyard and nowhere near any restricted zones.
When I switch devices to the iphone 6, it lets me fly normally with no restricted zone messages and no reduced speeds. When I downloaded the firmware update, I had the Samsung attached to the controller. I take it the firmware update also included a fly safe update to dji fly on the attached device.

I did a little more experimenting... switching back and forth between phones, etc. With the Samsung I'm getting the restricted zone warning. It lets me fly but at a reduced speed and it keeps reminding me that I'm in a restricted area. I'm in my backyard and nowhere near any restricted zones.
When I switch devices to the iphone 6, it lets me fly normally with no restricted zone messages and no reduced speeds. When I downloaded the firmware update, I had the Samsung attached to the controller. I take it the firmware update also included a fly safe update to dji fly on the attached device.
Interesting. I think it is definitely a flysafe DB update that hosed everything. I reverted to 400 and I still get the same warning. I was in my postage stamp sized yard so I couldn't do anything but hover to see if the speeds were crippled or if they were back to normal.

When I initially upgraded on Thursday, I used my phone (Samsung S7). I hope there is a fix for this in the next few days since I can't fly without it. Any kind of light breeze will blow this thing away. I was right to the wall with throttle and it crawled. Here is the log from earlier this morning:

Hey Ross, is there anyway to know which version of the FLysafe DB you are using on your iPhone?
Flysafe Database 01.00.01.17 on the iPhone. Upgraded to 01.00.01.18 on the Samsung. So it looks like "17" is the "good one".

Going back to 500 since it won't matter what I do since DJI has to fix this. I'm getting the impression that they have done this for a good chunk of province since a user in Niagara falls is having the same problem. I'd be curious to know if anyone in the London/Sarnia/Windsor area is having this issue. It's crap like this which is why I never updated my P4 beyond 1.3.509.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy