DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New phone and questions.

Lightsped

Reactions
Got a Galaxy 10e and Otterbox case for it. Now the plug that plugs into the controller will not fit into the phone's port as the case is too thick/or the rubber part of the wire is too fat.

Has anyone experienced this type of issue?

Also, where are the DJI Drone settings stored? I am wondering if I have to set everything up again with a new phone? On the ld phone, I had my controls set for a smoother look and feel as well as the gimbal. I can't remember where I adjusted these settings and what I set them to.

Thanks

Got a Galaxy 10e and Otterbox case for it. Now the plug that plugs into the controller will not fit into the phone's port as the case is too thick/or the rubber part of the wire is too fat.
One possible workaround would be to remove the pads inside of the remote controller arms. See more details here. Depending on the thickness of your case, it still might not fit even with those pads removed.

You could also attach a mount to your remote controller. Here are some commonly used mounts that might work for you:

Anbee or FStop Labs

Hooshion or SKYREAT Extended (see it in action here)

SKYREAT Compact (see it in action here)

MavMount (see it in action here)

PGYTECH (see it in action here)

LifThor (see it in action here)

PolarPro FlightDeck (see it in action here)

1553643419811.png

RCGEEK

1553643534016.png

Also, where are the DJI Drone settings stored? I am wondering if I have to set everything up again with a new phone?
Most of the settings are stored on the drone. A few are stored on the remote controller, batteries, and mobile device. Any that are stored on the mobile device will need to be set up on each mobile device you use.

Reactions: bassnbeau
Thanks for the reply. It isn't that the phone wont fit in the controller. Problem is, the small wire that connects the controller to the phone will not fit inside my new phone due to the bulk case. I am looking for a wire that would be more narrow where the wire's connection is so that it will fit into the deeper slot caused by the case.

And you should also plug into the bottom port of the controller to your device. Get rid of those little shorty thingies that come with the Mavic, put them back in the box.

The side port is fragile, and I only use it when I charge, but I have one of those little 90 degree magnetic charging cables. The little button stays on the controller, (so no plug in /unplugging), saves wear and tear on the port. and you can connect it in the dark, just get it close, and it will connect itself. You just have to make sure that you get the right connector for your device.

Now as to your phone/case, you can take a Dremel or similar tool and open up the port on the case so it can accept the cable.

Problem is, the small wire that connects the controller to the phone will not fit inside my new phone due to the bulk case
It'll be easier to find a small wire to connect to the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller.

Yes, the USB would work, but the new Galaxy phones don't use the same type of plug as the older ones. The new Galaxy phones use a very slightly larger type of plug. This larger type of plug is not what the default USB has on the other end.

Yes, the USB would work, but the new Galaxy phones don't use the same type of plug as the older ones. The new Galaxy phones use a very slightly larger type of plug. This larger type of plug is not what the default USB has on the other end.
i Have being using the s10+ and all i have to say is WOW this phone runs the Go 4 app smooth as butter!!! Even when using the Spark as well...
But on to the case problem its always being a problem using any phones with cases on trying to fit them into mavic controller

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faustino