DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot in London

Robbie-O

Reactions
Hello Mavic fans. American transplant in London reporting a successful first flight test today. With the remote undermining my confidence with the message that my local park is in Class D airspace, it was a short and low-altitude flight. But all sytems functioned well.

Now I'm on the first rung of the Drone Pilot ladder with so many questions and so much to desire in terms of skill. Oh how fun this all will be!

If anyone might recommend a favorite YouTube channel or guide to going from beginner to advanced, that would be quite helpful!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Hi Robbie.

If the remote told you that you were in class D, that's probably because you were in class D - please don't fly there! I appreciate it's awkward if you live in a big city like London where basically everywhere is controlled airspace, but I'm sure you would prefer that others refrained from flying their drones around airliners you're traveling on so please return the courtesy.

There's not really a YouTube channel I'd recommend, but stick around and read the forum and you'll doubtless find more than a few links to worthwhile videos.

Hi Robbie.

If the remote told you that you were in class D, that's probably because you were in class D - please don't fly there! I appreciate it's awkward if you live in a big city like London where basically everywhere is controlled airspace, but I'm sure you would prefer that others refrained from flying their drones around airliners you're traveling on so please return the courtesy.

There's not really a YouTube channel I'd recommend, but stick around and read the forum and you'll doubtless find more than a few links to worthwhile videos.

Thanks Boris. Yeah, it was only a low-altitude test flight. You know: yaw, roll, pitch, boxes, circles, video, photo, land.

My understanding is that you can fly a <7kg UAV below 400 feet in a Class D zone as long as you get clearance from the nearest control tower. But that all seems like more hassle than it's worth and I'm glad for any excuse to hop on the motorcycle and explore!

Thanks Boris. Yeah, it was only a low-altitude test flight. You know: yaw, roll, pitch, boxes, circles, video, photo, land.

My understanding is that you can fly a <7kg UAV below 400 feet in a Class D zone as long as you get clearance from the nearest control tower. But that all seems like more hassle than it's worth and I'm glad for any excuse to hop on the motorcycle and explore!

There is a great zone in Richmond Park for flying. I go regularly and would meet you there if you like.

48f0a6aaa0992f61416fe7cdb093064c.jpg

Oh fantastic, thanks @Soundtekk

I'll check that out very soon. And yes, it would be great to meet up there sometime. It's not too far from where I live actually.

Reactions: Soundtekk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swaggyC