DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot Sydney Australia

Wayno1

Reactions
Hi Guys,
Just got a Mavic Pro for Christmas. This thing is sensational. So many settings and stuff to learn, glad I found these forums for help and advice. Will be checking everything out over the next few weeks. Looking forward to reading everyone's tips and experiences.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: Wayno1
Dont forget Wayno most of Sydney is a no fly zone.... ;-)
Down load the CASA app 'Can I Fly There', it will help you.

Dont forget Wayno most of Sydney is a no fly zone.... ;-)
Down load the CASA app 'Can I Fly There', it will help you.
Thanks Simmo,
Yeah got that app. So red zones a no go and orange is ok if no aircraft around? There a a few corridors near me which aren't in any danger zones

Reactions: Bunny Too
Yeah mate you got it!
Sweet, my local park is right on the edge of orange zone so I should be ok if nothing around and fly away from /out of that zone. I don't intend on flying that high just yet anyway, probably no more than 50 metres. Still getting used to it

Just stick to 101.
30 mtrs from anything, 120 mtrs max height not over people etc..

Last edited:
Just stick to 101.
20 mtrs from anything, 120 mtrs max height not over people etc..
Will do, thanks for the advice. One quick question, what is the Remote Identification in the settings for? It has identification and flight information that you can enter.
Also, can I plug my phone into either the normal USB port (between the wing phone holders) or the usual micro USB port? Any difference?

The remote id stuff is pretty much yet to be implemented in Australia I believe. Its for a DJI system called Aeroscope. It will allow say Airports or military installations, that are equipped with the Aeroscope system, the ability to see your aircraft in flight and all your details. I dont know exactly how it will work because if you wanted to cause a ruckus, you just wouldn't fill in the required info??? I filled mine in with my name, phone no and ARN I think?

No diference but you must remove the unused cable. I use the bottom one, and have a solar charged battery bank I can plug into the side if need be to charge the RC while flying.

The remote id stuff is pretty much yet to be implemented in Australia I believe. Its for a DJI system called Aeroscope. It will allow say Airports or military installations, that are equipped with the Aeroscope system, the ability to see your aircraft in flight and all your details. I dont know exactly how it will work because if you wanted to cause a ruckus, you just wouldn't fill in the required info??? I filled mine in with my name, phone no and ARN I think?

No diference but you must remove the unused cable. I use the bottom one, and have a solar charged battery bank I can plug into the side if need be to charge the RC while flying.
Sweet,
Thanks again. I probably should have done a search for answers to those questions.
I see you are in Far North QLD, got a mate that lived in Cairns but has just moved to Mission Beach. Looks like a beautiful spot, gotta get up there one day soon

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hi Guys,
Just got a Mavic Pro for Christmas. This thing is sensational. So many settings and stuff to learn, glad I found these forums for help and advice. Will be checking everything out over the next few weeks. Looking forward to reading everyone's tips and experiences.
Howdy from Wyoming @Wayno1, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual
Thank you kind sir!

hi I've had my mavic for a month now I have extra insurance on it and it comes under my home contents policy but I still get nervous everytime I fly waiting for something to go wrong..is this normal...I've only flown it 2000 meters away and lost visual but thank God for RTH

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK