DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New serial after dji repair

Former Member

Reactions
I have sent in a bunch of mavics for repair, some just needed new gimbal Parts, others needed new arms or legs. The battery tray part has always been in perfect condition, however DJI has always replaced them and as a result I got a new serial numbers after the repair. They have done this in at least a dozen repairs. The new serial number now does not jive with the serial number on the box but thats besides my point.

I'm wondering if the replacement battery cover and new serial number is DJI s way of saying that it was completely repaired and tested before leaving DJI repair facilities and is considered as good as new? Every time I have sent one in it requires me to reactivate it when i get it back, and also lets me buy refresh if it wasn't purchased within 48 Hours of activation. The repair prices I've had to pay have been between 300 and $500. The next few of them that I send in I'm going to mark with a small yellow dot on every part so I will know if DJI is just sending me a refurbed drone (which is okay anyway) or actually repairing the one i sent. My suspicion is the former.

I have sent in a bunch of mavics for repair, some just needed new gimbal Parts, others needed new arms or legs. The battery tray part has always been in perfect condition, however DJI has always replaced them and as a result I got a new serial numbers after the repair. They have done this in at least a dozen repairs. The new serial number now does not jive with the serial number on the box but thats besides my point.

I'm wondering if the replacement battery cover and new serial number is DJI s way of saying that it was completely repaired and tested before leaving DJI repair facilities and is considered as good as new? Every time I have sent one in it requires me to reactivate it when i get it back, and also lets me buy refresh if it wasn't purchased within 48 Hours of activation. The repair prices I've had to pay have been between 300 and $500. The next few of them that I send in I'm going to mark with a small yellow dot on every part so I will know if DJI is just sending me a refurbed drone (which is okay anyway) or actually repairing the one i sent. My suspicion is the former.
The problem is with the little defect on mine, I don't want a returned drone. Everything is working perfectly, even the camera takes excellent shots without ND filters, and I don't want to risk losing that. I only want that little part repaired.

The problem is with the little defect on mine, I don't want a returned drone. Everything is working perfectly, even the camera takes excellent shots without ND filters, and I don't want to risk losing that. I only want that little part repaired.
I realize this is a older post just curious what you ultimately did. I have a very small stress crack on a new MPP that never had a crash or hard landing. I have a return label to DJI repair center in California but I dont want to get a refurb back!

I realize this is a older post just curious what you ultimately did. I have a very small stress crack on a new MPP that never had a crash or hard landing. I have a return label to DJI repair center in California but I dont want to get a refurb back!
I voided my warranty, dismantled my drone and replaced the part using one provided to my by @Thunderdrones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr