DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Forum & Drones, DJI Mini 2 ordered, any benefit to getting 107 license for a hobby drone

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona. Enjoy.

Eventually all drone pilots will have to pass an FAA test... for now just register yourself on the FAA DroneZone site.
If you go for and pass the 107 exam there are differences... search the forum for more info.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you will enjoy filming and photographing those 10,000 lakes.

I do not have my 107 but I have looked at the training material and see advantages in having this additional knowledge. As a former general aviation pilot I have benefited from knowing more about the weather and its affects, how to read sectionals, FAA regulations and info, and an overall better understanding of the airspace, all which you can gain from the 107 training material.

Hi All - New to Mavic Forum. DJI Mini 2 coming today. At 249 grams it doesn't require a license.

But, is there a benefit to getting a license in anyone's opinion?
If you ever want to legally post any images or footage, then you should get a Part 107 License. :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Doing the 107 Class / Training (Commercial Drone Pilot License) is a great tool for everyone. I took the class offered by DartDrones and it was a great class / training - albeit intense to learn / comprehend / digest all that info in 2 days. I'd encourage every drone pilot to at a minimum go over the material and training - as there are MANY areas where a drone is not allowed even with a 107, without special permission. Also get the apps like Kittyhawk and others that will tell you where you can and cannot take off and land from and the restricted zones. The DJI FlyApp does not always tell you when you are in a restricted zone, although it does most of the time (if updated).

Knowing the rules helps all of us to continue to have access to the skies above - while some totally disregard those rules and make it harder on all of us who do - to continue to fly in many places. Sadly, more and more state / city parks are restricting drones due to offenders. National parks have already banned drones due to this very same issue too.

A Mini / Mini 2 are not registered with the FAA at all - due to weight guidelines, but that can change at any time.

Understanding the rules and DRONE ETIQUETTE is a must or we will lose more airspace to fly in.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona. Enjoy.

Eventually all drone pilots will have to pass an FAA test... for now just register yourself on the FAA DroneZone site.
If you go for and pass the 107 exam there are differences... search the forum for more info.
Thanks, I have started reading the material, have flown RC planes, enjoy learning, always wanted to be a pilot but never got around to it, will probably want a bigger drone, but taking it one small step st a time.

Doing the 107 Class / Training (Commercial Drone Pilot License) is a great tool for everyone. I took the class offered by DartDrones and it was a great class / training - albeit intense to learn / comprehend / digest all that info in 2 days. I'd encourage every drone pilot to at a minimum go over the material and training - as there are MANY areas where a drone is not allowed even with a 107, without special permission. Also get the apps like Kittyhawk and others that will tell you where you can and cannot take off and land from and the restricted zones. The DJI FlyApp does not always tell you when you are in a restricted zone, although it does most of the time (if updated).

Knowing the rules helps all of us to continue to have access to the skies above - while some totally disregard those rules and make it harder on all of us who do - to continue to fly in many places. Sadly, more and more state / city parks are restricting drones due to offenders. National parks have already banned drones due to this very same issue too.

A Mini / Mini 2 are not registered with the FAA at all - due to weight guidelines, but that can change at any time.

Understanding the rules and DRONE ETIQUETTE is a must or we will lose more airspace to fly in.
I'm studying to take the 107 test there is a lot to learn my brain is on overload. lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot