DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to the Hobby

A.manos

Reactions
Hello Droners, glad I did found you!
I am new to the drone thing, I fly rc airplanes and helis for the last 20 years
and I have a very simple question for you.
My cousin works at a major retail chain and he told me about a great
opportunity for a Mavic Air 1 which is 50% off right now.
I told him to lock the item for me and tried to do a research.
I found out that the first version of the Mavic Air is a very good choise
but I also found out that the air 2 is by some key points a greater drone!
The facts that I have is the low price of the air 1 and that I am new to this so I don't have
experience or great expectations from the results of making video or photography.
The only thing that I really want is because I am a kitesurfer, I want something easy
for my wife to make it follow me while I kite, something that I think that with the air 1
it can be done!
Please advice! Thank you!

Welcome to the Drone side! I also flew rc planes and gliders for years and decided to get a drone and never looked back! I was hooked. I have the mavic pro now but started with the Phantom.

The Air 1 would be a good choice (IMHO) for what you won't to do. Your wife should have no trouble with the Air 1 after a little training. Good luck!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Thank you guys! This is a really warm welcome!!! But you didn't tell me about the dilemma I have!
Should I go with the really cheap air 1? Or is it a waste of money and should I go with the air 2???

Hello from the Crossroads of America A.manos.

Although the Mavic Air 1 may be a fine aircraft, the Mavic Air 2 is far better.

Here's my reason why. I've flown a DJI Spark (Wi-Fi) since 2017 and wanted an upgrade to something with OccuSync. The MA 1 came out but it had enhanced Wi-Fi and not the OccuSync transmission system.

After the MA 2 was out for a while, I decided to upgrade and it's a sweet ride.

No sketchy Wi-Fi transmission but a solid video feed and range with the OccuSync.

Well, that's my two cents worth.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

@A.manos if you can afford to purchase the Air2 then thats the best way to go simply because of the Occusync radio transmission ,and overall it is a better drone

@A.manos if you can afford to purchase the Air2 then thats the best way to go simply because of the Occusync radio transmission ,and overall it is a better drone

Well that's not the case, it is simply a very attractive price for the air 1.
If im going for the air 2 I have to pay 1050 euros, and the price of the air 1 is at 500 euros....

@A.manos sounds like you have already made up your mind ,yes the Air 1 is a good price but over time its limitations will become apparent ,people on the forum are not the ones who have the final say on what you decide to buy, thats down to you

Welcome to the forum! :)

I would say go for the air1.
You said you are wanting your wife to follow you kite surfing, which means there is a chance it could end up in the water.
With your wife being a new pilot and we all go through a learning curve with these things , there is a good chance of a mishap at some point.
I personally would be a lot less upset if i lost a half price drone than one that cost twice as much.

Hello Droners, glad I did found you!
I am new to the drone thing, I fly rc airplanes and helis for the last 20 years
and I have a very simple question for you.
My cousin works at a major retail chain and he told me about a great
opportunity for a Mavic Air 1 which is 50% off right now.
I told him to lock the item for me and tried to do a research.
I found out that the first version of the Mavic Air is a very good choise
but I also found out that the air 2 is by some key points a greater drone!
The facts that I have is the low price of the air 1 and that I am new to this so I don't have
experience or great expectations from the results of making video or photography.
The only thing that I really want is because I am a kitesurfer, I want something easy
for my wife to make it follow me while I kite, something that I think that with the air 1
it can be done!
Please advice! Thank you!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp