DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New UK drone laws proposed , including new rules for sub 250g drones.

Welcome to the same stuff we face :)

Welcome to the same stuff we face :)
Was inevitable really given the development of the UK's new Airsafe routes for commercial, medical services and the like always meant more regulation. Some will see it as a good thing, others just an attempt to force us out of the skies but regulation is inevitable.

others just an attempt to force us out of the skies
I assure you, just like the FAA in the USA, it is all about safety. They are not trying to stop you from flying but they do want you to do so safely.

• Haha
Reactions: 3rdof5 and Red_Pyro
With regard to
"1. Simplifying regulations by reducing complexity in operational requirements in the “Open” category, renaming operational sub-categories to “over”, “near”, and “far”,".

How does using words such as "near" and "far" simplify matters? What is "near" to my mind may be "far" to someone else, it merely opens the door to someone saying "but "x"m is far".

at this moment in time ,there is no need to start becoming upset ,about what we all knew was going to be inevitable
it is purely a consultation right now,and with the speed that these things happen ,and the fact that very soon,all people will be talking about,is the upcoming general election,then for now i intend to carry on flying my drones ,with what my credentials allow

Personally, I think all pilots should have at least a basic license that comes with "some" training on the basics of safe and responsible flight. Knowledge is never a bad thing and can only help to keep the skies safer. I know many pilots believe RID is an invasion of privacy but I do believe it is a necessary tool for law enforcement. The trick is to fly in such a manner that law enforcement isn't concerned about you. If we all did that, this would all be moot.

Personally, I think all pilots should have at least a basic license that comes with "some" training on the basics of safe and responsible flight. Knowledge is never a bad thing and can only help to keep the skies safer. I know many pilots believe RID is an invasion of privacy but I do believe it is a necessary tool for law enforcement. The trick is to fly in such a manner that law enforcement isn't concerned about you. If we all did that, this would all be moot.
Not for a sub 250g drone. If the Gov't could have their way, they'd make birds undergo licence tests to fly...

I assure you, just like the FAA in the USA, it is all about safety. They are not trying to stop you from flying but they do want you to do so safely.
How many people have been hurt or killed by drones?

@VenomXts now now ,i guess we all know the answer to that question;););)

Reactions: VenomXts
I live in Canada and am licensed to fly a 250 gram plus drone.
In the two years of flying I have not once encountered anyone from law enforcement, etc., while flying.