DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newb question about Sedona

M3PRookie

Reactions
Hello. New member, first post. Been reading here for several days and have learned a lot. I recently purchased a Mini 3 Pro and have been practicing around the house (30 acres).

My daughter is getting married at the base of Cathedral Rock in Sedona on a Friday afternoon. After the ceremony, the photographer is going to take them up to the top and get some additional photos.

My question is in regards to me taking my drone up there and launching to get some pics/video while they are up there. Of course, I want to be legal as well as respectful of other visitors there.

Is my plan reasonable or ill-advised.

Thanks for your comments.

Reactions: 4006448
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Please work with the photographer they hired not against them. Communicate well with them and ensure your actions don't interfere with their shots.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Please work with the photographer they hired not against them. Communicate well with them and ensure your actions don't interfere with their shots.
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I plan to let the professional photographer dictate how the session plays out.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Despite popular misconception, Sedona is not a National Park, ..there are 2 state parks in Sedona ...and it is legal to fly in Sedona...although I believe it is off limits in those parks...have fun, it is incredibly beautiful

I live in Mesa, AZ & manage to get to Sedona a couple of times per year. I can never figure out if it is legal to fly a drone there or not. There is the airport on Airport Mesa & I know you can't fly within 5 miles of an airport, but what keeps me from flying my Mini 2 around Sedona & Oak Creek Canyon are the low-flying (and I mean low-flying) sight-seeing helicopters constantly in the air & the occasional hot air balloon. These hazards don't seem to deter many drone pilots, though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54