DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from Glenrothes Fife

GRC

Reactions
Just purchased my first drone a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, feeling a bit apprehensive about my first flight, have been watching loads of YouTube videos to make sure I have a good understanding of the controls. I'm 71 and if anybody would like to give me some hands on tuition or advise I would be most grateful. Thanks

Hi, I'm a newbie from Glasgow. Just got a Mavic 2 Pro and a friend of mine, who's been flying drones commercially for years, advised me to join a local model flying club. It's been great having somewhere safe to practice flying. Might be worth check out your local club - Clubs In Scotlabd I've joined Cumbernauld which has a mix of drones and planes. Happy flying!

welcome to the forum,i would love to give you some tuition but your rather a long way from me
just read the manual register your drone with the CAA, and do your flyer ID test, and start low and slow ,and practice practice practice

Hi, I'm a newbie from Glasgow. Just got a Mavic 2 Pro and a friend of mine, who's been flying drones commercially for years, advised me to join a local model flying club. It's been great having somewhere safe to practice flying. Might be worth check out your local club - Clubs In Scotlabd I've joined Cumbernauld which has a mix of drones and planes. Happy flying!
Thanks John, I will get in touch with the local ones and inquire if they accommodate drones.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Just purchased my first drone a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, feeling a bit apprehensive about my first flight, have been watching loads of YouTube videos to make sure I have a good understanding of the controls. I'm 71 and if anybody would like to give me some hands on tuition or advise I would be most grateful. Thanks
Welcome,
Great choice of drone...when we Scots splash the cash,we go for it ????????
Age is not a barrier (mabye memory ?Lol) ,I’m 65. Plenty oldies on here flying drones.
Think everyone was apprehensive before their first flight,that’s normal,no matter how many You tube videos and Instructions you looked at.
Take it nice and slow ,you will be surprised how quickly your skill level improves.
You have beginners mode,and camera mode to get started...before you hit the throttle in sport mode ?

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to our forum, from Texas, USA (one of your former colonies)!

You'll find that the M2Z almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually.

Read your manual, and practice using the "Find My Drone" app. Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn the app under less than ideal conditions. We have several fellow Scots among our membership, and over 100,000 more from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby! Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!

Thanks for all the helpful advise.I went to a local prk which has loads of empty space ,so no fear of crashing into trees, done all the checks and went for it, it was so good to see it flying, and not so difficult to perform the basic joy stick commands. I did not bother with recording or taking pictures just yet, will wait until I have been flying and feel in total control of the drone. Now looking for some more decent weather to have another go.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbod