DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newegg tracking showing invalid today, invoice still shows shipped???

Incogneito

Reactions
I ordered from newegg Oct 1st. Was charged on the 21st and received a tracking number, stating my order has shipped. My tracking number now says invalid on newegg website, when yesterday it showed "packaging." It still isn't showing up on FedEx website either. I ordered on October 1st. I seen a guy that ordered on the 6th and his tracking number is active and says he will get it in the 26th. Everything in paypal shows completed as well, Nothing pending anymore. I contacted newegg, they cant figure out what happened and emailed dji. Why they did is beyond me, when it was active on their website on the 21st. Maybe it will update on Monday I'm hoping. The invoice still shows shipped, but my tracking number has no info, when yesterday it had status as packaging on newegg. I didn't receive any fraud action on my card either as others reported.

FWIW this is normal for Newegg. No fraud. They ship a bunch of stuff with pre-dispensed numbers from ups and FedEx, box them up but they don't send the batch of shipments to the carrier until the next business day when they are actually collected by the carrier.

Obviously I can't see your order, but newegg usually has a disclaimer that you won't be able to see tracking info for at least 24 hours.

It was there yesterday showing "packaging" now it says

"Your entry does not appear to be a valid tracking number. Please verify your entry and try again.

You can click here to get the tracking information."

the guy that ordered after me has his tracking info on newegg and posted his info from fedex and mine is not found.

contacting new egg they have no clue what happened.

Last edited:
I still think there are behind the scenes contracts that are pushing dji to ship to Newegg and apple first. For all we know there's a penalty ($$) to dji if they don't prioritize newegg and apple. We'll likely never know but that's the only thing that make sense to me.

Sure there is... DJI has a store on Newegg. It's just Newegg hosting DJI on its site.

There are likely a lot of people who, for a number of reasons, don't want to buy directly from DJI in China.... I, for one, don't want to pay the foreign transaction fee my visa card hits me with. I also don't want to have my card charged until it ships. Newegg fits that bill for DJI. I imagine that DJI tells Newegg it's allotting x number of mavics (or whatever product) that will be in a shipment leaving the factory together and arriving in the US (likely at DJI in California). Newegg can then sell those non-existent pre-orders. If DJI give newegg 500 mavics they can sell 500 mavics for a certain ship date. When those 500 are ordered, then they move to the next 500 (or whatever) that are able to pre-ordered for a later ship date.

Newegg gets a percentage of the sale as the broker, just like any third-party seller pays on newegg or amazon. That's where they make their money.... well, we won't know (and it's none of our business) if DJI also gives Newegg incentives for meeting sales goals. My guess is Apple also has a similar deal with newegg, but Apple is actually stocking these things for their store and on-line.

All this is just a guess, but I guess it makes sense.

Except for sometimes customer service, I've always been very happy with newegg.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato