DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nexus 7 (2013) or iPad Mini 2?

skadee

Reactions
Does anyone have actual experience with both the Nexus 7 and IPAD Mini 2 wifi? They are both selling for close to the same amount, but the Mini has a brighter screen and the Nexus 7 has GPS.

Is GPS that necessary for flying with the Mavic, or does the RC have built-in GPS?

Ok ive had both, the Nexus is a dam good tablet but its Android, which as you know does have issues, the Ipad is a good choice as its an apple device and rarely suffers issues, that said in regards to GPS, you only need it if you use something such as active track mode and want the dynamic home point to work, also GPS is used if you want to set home point to your current location, other than that i cant see any reason to have/need GPS on the device.

The RC does NOT have GPS built into it( a popular misconception).

Me personally I like the ability to be able to able to install any DJI app version so I would choose Android everytime, unless you want to mess about with Charlesand Itunes to rollback the app version on Apple.

Is GPS that necessary for flying with the Mavic
GPS is required on the mobile device if you'd like to do any of these things:
  • Use the Follow Me flight mode
  • Manually reset the home point to your current location after taking off

Last edited:
Pass on the iPad mini 2. The cpu can’t handle a load and crashes frequently. Luckily I have a iPad Pro. iPad mini 4 would be my choice.

I've not had any problem with and ipad 2 wifi, could imagine you may do so if it is chock a block with data and apps as there is a finite amount of storage and cpu power.

I've not had any problem with and ipad 2 wifi, could imagine you may do so if it is chock a block with data and apps as there is a finite amount of storage and cpu power.

Mine only has the go app and litchi app. My just performs terrible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d