DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Perth WA

wombat

Reactions
Can I fly a Mavic at the North Mole, Perth,Western Australia ?

I have the Safe to fly App and it does not show any airports etc close by, but I know there is a helicopter base close by, I have been in contact with CASA and they only sent me this info Remotely piloted aircraft system resources and links | Civil Aviation Safety Authority which does not answer my question about the North mole area.

Anybody here able to help, I do not want to do the wrong thing.

YFTL "Fremantle Heliport is close by. Seemingly just on 1000 metres away. It shows up in the aviation charts. VTC.
So long as you fly no closer than a 500m radius of it and remain below 150 feet at all times. You should be right. Complying with all other rules like keeping away from boats cars, buildings and people of course.

thanks guys, I am not sure if the safe to fly app is ok, it should really show airports and helicopter bases but it does not, I originally heard that CASA were in the process of making a safe to fly app for Australia, when I asked them they replied that it will be ready for a 2018 release, I read it was to be made by the 1st quarter of 2017.

I thought the radius was 5.5 klm from airports and helicopter bases.

thanks Logger, that makes it clearer

Flown at North Mole multiple times, thats the SLSWA Rescue Chopper launch pad just down the road, they're only in the air for a few hours a day, if you really want to play it safe cruise up to the entry gate and call the mobile number on the gate, the chopper guys have the mobile phone on them at all times and they will let you know if they're in the air and when their due back to land

Hi BB, how you going ? thanks for that info will try to get there next week.

Are you guys aware of any rules that would preclude us from flying over the Swan river in Perth in general? It is not that I am aware of any. Just that I am not a local and am bound to have missed such a rule if one exists.

Hi BB, how you going ? thanks for that info will try to get there next week.
I'm good mate, fair few hours on the bird now, just trialling different mapping and modelling techniques now, the chopper guys are good guys, I'm sure they'll appreciate people asking before flying

Are you guys aware of any rules that would preclude us from flying over the Swan river in Perth in general? It is not that I am aware of any. Just that I am not a local and am bound to have missed such a rule if one exists.
No I don't believe so as long as you're not in the 5.5km of the airports, and not operating when the sea planes are flying

thanks for the info BB, I also want to go to Elizebeth Quay, will have to go there and use the safe to fly app to see if it has restrictions, problem would be the amount of people there, but I have seen footage of the area, but could have been by a commercial UAV operator.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998