DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ

Cobra

Reactions
Just did the recent Dji mavic update today. Now every time I boot up it up I get the NFZ on the controller and have to turn it off and on a few times before it clears . Never had the issue before now . Is it a bug in the update or just my luck ? Anyone have any advice or fixes.... Thanks

I've gotten that a few times mainly indoors but it has cleared whenever I booted up outdoors with solid gps.

Right on .... yeah outdoors my satellites are solid 16 to 20 no problem .. Just found it odd that it happens now after the update and having the mavic since Jan lol ....

Some said that the mavic boots up and considers being in an NFZ by default before confirming with GPS...

Oh ok .... yeah it's been 2 months since I flew so I totally missed out on that lol ... Gotta love the Midwest weather. Good looking out tho

I just tried it in my "home" which is a travel trailer. There was no GPS signal and when I turned everything on, the RC display said NFZ. I took it outside and the GPS immediately got lock the NFZ went away. I have the 700 firmware loaded.

Last edited:
Every time you start up it will think it is in its last known position until GPS locks it in at its curremt position.

The first time it fires up with the new NFZ firmware, it doesn't seem to know your last recorded position, instead it seems to default to the factory in China, which just happens to be a no fly zone.

Once it has GPS and locks in, then sets a new home and new last known position and from then on (hopefully) should be OK.

Reactions: Daneng