DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night flying with the Mini 3

RRDC Media

Reactions
Hi guys,

I've done some short night flights with my Mini 3 but would like to start doing it more often. Could you please share some tips on making the drone itself better visible in the sky and what settings I should change for better video results? I mostly make videos of city skylines if that helps.

Thanks!

You need something to measure by first to compare to so use the Auto Settings first , you may find that to be spot on for your night time flying.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Land on the Water.

Reactions: RRDC Media
Hi guys,

I've done some short night flights with my Mini 3 but would like to start doing it more often. Could you please share some tips on making the drone itself better visible in the sky and what settings I should change for better video results? I mostly make videos of city skylines if that helps.

Thanks!
Just remember, there's no obstacle avoidance at night, so stay way from trees and buildings. I found that out the hard way($700).

Just remember, there's no obstacle avoidance at night, so stay way from trees and buildings. I found that out the hard way($700).
Things that go bump in the middle of the night. 🥴

Hi guys,

Don't forget you need a strobe, which will put it over 250g, which then requires it to be registered.

Upshot: Can't take advantage of sub-250g at night with any DJI drone.

Reactions: RRDC Media
Hi guys,

Thanks!

The Pilot Institute has a free one-hour course on considerations for flying drones at night. I recommend it.

I remember some other training materials on night flying when I was studying for the Part 107 exam, but I don't have a link or source. You can probably turn up some more information on the web.

The Pilot Institute has a free one-hour course on considerations for flying drones at night. I recommend it.

I remember some other training materials on night flying when I was studying for the Part 107 exam, but I don't have a link or source. You can probably turn up some more information on the web.
Thanks, I found the 1 hour course and am definitely going to check it out

Reactions: MS Coast