DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Normal green blink. Fast yellow. Normal green

Sal_recon26

Reactions
Hi guys! I got a new mavic pro today! Wheeeeew! Been a long time p3 flier but have now joined the dark side!!

Anyways as I was doing my initial warm up flight today I noticed that every now and then the rear led would flash yellow. XXX pause XXX pause then continue flashing normal green. It seems to do it when I'm descending or slowing down fast.

Everything still worked fine and no warnings came up but I just want to know what it means. I read a couple threads on other people having the same issue a couple months back but no one really explained.

Is this something I can just live with or am I just asking for future problems. Thoughts? Answers?

According to the USER MANUAL (hint hint) flashing yellow can mean one of two things:
  1. Slow Yellow flashing - No GPS and Forward and Downward Vision Systems
  2. Fast Yellow flashing - Remote Controller Signal Lost.
My guess it's number 2 in your case, hard to say. Maybe you have intermittent RC signal loss? Or... perhaps you have stumbled on a new code that is not documented.

Come to think of it my transmitter icon on the top blinked a couple times also, even though it had full bars and I was still in control. Not sure if it was blinking the same time as the yellow flashes tho. And all of these "blinks" happened within 20 yards.

I hope this doesn't turn into something bad. Because everything seemed to be working as advertised

I saw the same thing. I just happened to look at the Mavic, and saw a quick yellow flash. Looked at RC & phone...all was normal. The app did crash at some point after that, just restarted the app and again, all normal. Using G7 - nougat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan