DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

North Wilkesboro Speedway

Toyosupraandy

Reactions
I went to the mountains this weekend and we rode right by the old Wilkesboro Speedway. Wanted to stop by for a few minutes and fly around to see what it looks like inside it now. I used to go watch the races there when I was a kid. The final nascar race was in 1995 at this track. I still get real nervous about flying it close to things especially when its in a location thats not accessible if it goes down. Also still trying to get the hand of the video editing, im not the greatest at it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I went to the mountains this weekend and we rode right by the old Wilkesboro Speedway. Wanted to stop by for a few minutes and fly around to see what it looks like inside it now. I used to go watch the races there when I was a kid. The final nascar race was in 1995 at this track. I still get real nervous about flying it close to things especially when its in a location thats not accessible if it goes down. Also still trying to get the hand of the video editing, im not the greatest at it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Very nicely done

Reactions: Toyosupraandy
You did a great job on the editing. I have watched several videos that have been done at N. Wilkesboro and yours is by far the best one I have seen. I wanted to go by there and fly over a couple of weekends ago when I was out that way but I just didn't have enough time to stop.

You did a great job on the editing. I have watched several videos that have been done at N. Wilkesboro and yours is by far the best one I have seen. I wanted to go by there and fly over a couple of weekends ago when I was out that way but I just didn't have enough time to stop.
Thank you, I think it is worth the trip, there was a lot to see but I just don't feel confident enough yet to get down in the tight spots yet. I could of probably got a little better video if I was a little more comfortable.

Great footage! I travel a lot to the Charlotte area near CMS. I will have to try N.Wilkesboro Speedway sometime.

Fantastic video and contrast with the original broadcast. What is striking to me is the difference in video quality between what aired in 1995 and what we as consumers have today. Considering that the quality of video equipment remained SD for decades, and only really started to improve around 2007, it is mind-blowing. Can you imagine what we'll have in another 20 years?

Fantastic video and contrast with the original broadcast. What is striking to me is the difference in video quality between what aired in 1995 and what we as consumers have today. Considering that the quality of video equipment remained SD for decades, and only really started to improve around 2007, it is mind-blowing. Can you imagine what we'll have in another 20 years?
Thank you, it's about scary to know where technology will be in 20 years. To me, I really thought that's what made this video, showing some of the old footage with it.

Great footage! I travel a lot to the Charlotte area near CMS. I will have to try N.Wilkesboro Speedway sometime.
I would really like to go back and try to get more video because there was so much more to see (old signs and such). It's just cool to me because it has a lot of history at that track and I think that's back when NASCAR used to be fun to watch.

Awesome, this is part of our States dying history. Be careful, the old dude who guards the gate is a jerk...Due to all the trespassing.

Where abouts was your take off point? Are the locals ok with us flying over the track? Just dont want any troubles. Thanks

Where abouts was your take off point? Are the locals ok with us flying over the track? Just dont want any troubles. Thanks
There is a road called fishing creek rd that runs right beside the speedway, there was two entrances on that road that are gated off but enough room to pull over. Of coarse I never walked any further than the gate due to trespassing issues but there are a few houses that are near those entrances and when I went, there were people outside and they never said anything to me. I would think as long as you don't pass the gates, you would be fine but don't hold that against me. I hear some people say the man that takes care of the land is really nice and some people say he is a real jerk (as mentioned above). I did not have a run in with anyone so it's hard for me to say. I wish I knew who to contact to get permission, but I would not have a clue who to ask.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx