DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Novation Launchpad & Lightroom - Interesting combination

Yaros

Reactions
Recently I bought a Novation Launchpad X (the 3rd one I own), which is actually an electronic musical instrument, which is for my other YouTube Channel.
However, upon receiving it and testing its main functions, I found one new feature that I didn't know existed, because none of my previous launchpads had it.
Well, it is simple, it can trigger a keystroke upon pressing a button on the Launchpad. Simple enough, right?
Yes, indeed, and at the same time very useful in some situations, for example in photo editing.

I assigned some buttons to trigger keystrokes to common actions such as Merge HDR, Merge Panorama, Switch to Masking, zoom in/out, create different types of masks, select all, arrow keys…
And I know I could memorize the key combos and press them on my keyboard, but having another “keyboard” by the side allows me to do some cool stuff without remembering all the keystrokes, because the pads I program in to do these functions are RGB, so they can be changed to any color that you like!

Here you can see how it looks like when turned on:

Launchpad.jpg

The cool thing is that you upload the pattern to the device itself, so if you use it with another computer that doesn't have the software for it installed, it just recognizes itself as a USB keyboard and still can trigger keystrokes, pretty neat!

Recently I bought a Novation Launchpad X (the 3rd one I own), which is actually an electronic musical instrument, which is for my other YouTube Channel.
However, upon receiving it and testing its main functions, I found one new feature that I didn't know existed, because none of my previous launchpads had it.
Well, it is simple, it can trigger a keystroke upon pressing a button on the Launchpad. Simple enough, right?
Yes, indeed, and at the same time very useful in some situations, for example in photo editing.

I assigned some buttons to trigger keystrokes to common actions such as Merge HDR, Merge Panorama, Switch to Masking, zoom in/out, create different types of masks, select all, arrow keys…
And I know I could memorize the key combos and press them on my keyboard, but having another “keyboard” by the side allows me to do some cool stuff without remembering all the keystrokes, because the pads I program in to do these functions are RGB, so they can be changed to any color that you like!

Here you can see how it looks like when turned on:

View attachment 160837

The cool thing is that you upload the pattern to the device itself, so if you use it with another computer that doesn't have the software for it installed, it just recognizes itself as a USB keyboard and still can trigger keystrokes, pretty neat!
Still need to remember which button does what though. Loupedeck controllers go further: Loupedeck controllers.

Reactions: AnzacJack