Obstacle avoidance during active track

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by Sportflyer, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Sportflyer

Sportflyer New Member

OK exactly how does this work I was under the impression you could have the drone follow you and it would just bob and weave its way through any trees/objects to keep track but looks like from the videos all it does is when it senses something in front is it stops! Ok good I didn't crash it but why can it not just go around/over objects and keep following you! Or does it? Is the same for all other DJI drone? Phantom, inspire 2?

Thanks!

2. Casey

Casey Well-Known Member

I believe that there is a setting that tells it to "move around" objects that are detected during active track

Kilrah likes this.
  3. taptofocus

taptofocus Well-Known Member

But why would you chance it anyways? I'm sure you could say there would be some really cool shots going through some woods but the thought of a $1500 mistake comes to mind.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots