DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle avoidance warning without obstacle

draxler_17

Reactions
So i am flying near a government structure yesterday and I am pretty sure my mavic is way higher to any structures and trees but I got this warning on obstacle avoidance. I can not explain this further but is it possible that mavic can detect obstacle which is not physical but somewhat a barrier on this government building? I am sorry but I am still confused on what happened... it is not under NFZ either.

So i am flying near a government structure yesterday and I am pretty sure my mavic is way higher to any structures and trees but I got this warning on obstacle avoidance. I can not explain this further but is it possible that mavic can detect obstacle which is not physical but somewhat a barrier on this government building? I am sorry but I am still confused on what happened... it is not under NFZ either.

If you were flying into the sun then it can confuse the Mavic forward sensor.

It's very possible. Collision Avoidance is done with two cameras and software. That is, the cameras take images of what is in front of it and software then analyzes those images and determines if what it "sees" is an object. That software can be "fooled" into being incorrect. As mentioned above, things like sun spots in the image can make the software thing the spot is an object.

I got the same thing today and i was way higher then trees and houses. Not sure why this happened.

I've had this as well, it's just the sun glare. If it happens in the middle of the day, then there might be another issue....but I've only had it late in the evening

Is your radar on? If so even if OA sensors are off it will give you the fast beeping warning.

It seems I can’t have it on now without the thing beeping at me with nothing in front of it before takeoff. Wasn’t like this before. Will try a reinstall of app and see if it goes away.

Ok that was quick. Uninstalled and reinstalled GO4 and it’s back to normal. I also rebooted my iPhone 7+. The app updated earlier in the week so I guess a full reinstall is the ticket here.

I had an obstacle warning yesterday from a flock of aggressive birds... That then followed me upwards 100m!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121