DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Occasional loss of feed and data

DomoDan

Reactions
So, I'm new to flying the Mavic (had it for one week) but several times the phone screen stops showing the video feed and all the data on the screen shows "N/A". I can still see and control the drone fine, but don't get any data displayed. The screen on the remote still shows things fine.

Is this the app on my phone crashing? Is there something I can do to prevent that? Twice I just did RTH as it was quite far off...today it was only about 25 feet away (recording some cliff jumping) so I just piloted it back.

I'd love any input on what might be going on. Thanks in advance.

When this happens to me with iOS device, it is almost always related to the USB cable.

Thank you. I should have stated that I am using an iPhone 7 Plus.

I confirmed that the USB cable was firmly secured in the phone...but I guess I didn't check to make sure it was seated in the controller properly.

When you say the USB cable, do you just mean it's not plugged securely in to the phone?

When you say the USB cable, do you just mean it's not plugged securely in to the phone?

That's what usually happens. The connector into the controller is usually solid, but the connection from controller to phone is usually the culprit and can come out if not firmly in place.

Yeah...that wasn't the problem, at least in the case today. I'm thinking the app on my phone crashed, because when I went to pull it up earlier to look at my footage the app was frozen and unresponsive.

Yeah...that wasn't the problem, at least in the case today. I'm thinking the app on my phone crashed, because when I went to pull it up earlier to look at my footage the app was frozen and unresponsive.

Hi,
What firmware are you using? I was using the .600 but due to issues like horizon I upgraded to .700 and got to have these problems besides some others ... I'm thinking of doing a downgrade to the .400 Does anyone remember which firmware was activated for voice recording on the mobile phone?

Hi,
What firmware are you using? I was using the .600 but due to issues like horizon I upgraded to .700 and got to have these problems besides some others ... I'm thinking of doing a downgrade to the .400 Does anyone remember which firmware was activated for voice recording on the mobile phone?

I don't know what firmware I'm running. I got it a week ago, it had an update the first time I got it out so I updated it and off I went. So, I guess I'm running the latest...

Seems like .400 is the most solid for those having trouble.

So, I'm new to flying the Mavic (had it for one week) but several times the phone screen stops showing the video feed and all the data on the screen shows "N/A". I can still see and control the drone fine, but don't get any data displayed. The screen on the remote still shows things fine.

Is this the app on my phone crashing? Is there something I can do to prevent that? Twice I just did RTH as it was quite far off...today it was only about 25 feet away (recording some cliff jumping) so I just piloted it back.

I'd love any input on what might be going on. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I got a Mavic yesterday and had the same problems With my iphone 7s plus. I found the solution is to unplug and discard the supplied cable that connects to the phone and get your Apple charging cable and plug it into the USB at the bottom of the controller and then into your phone. My phone has been connecting perfectly since doing this. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Former Member
As above but also delete the app on your phone and download again. Also try putting phone into Airplane mode when everything is connected ready to fly. Make sure that is the only app running and no others in the background.

Both of those last two are great suggestions! I'll keep those in mind. I'll try the later first (airplane mode and no other apps running) and if I still have issues I'll try the other cable. I like how slick the included one is, so hoping I don't have to go the other route and have a long cable hanging...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78