DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oh sugar, I am seeing stars. (That's not what I actually said). I just had a Firehouse Arc V delivered & pressed the on off button.... "just to see".

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
I have a couple of flytron strobons and they are bad enough, but oh mama they pale in comparison to the arc V.
Seriously I saw 5 stars for several minutes, it will be interesting to see what it's like on a drone.

BUT SERIOUSLY FOLKs PUT SOMETHING OVER THOSE LEDS BEFORE YOU TOUCH THE ON OFF SWITCH, or point them away from you and not towards any other eyes.

I have a couple of flytron strobons and they are bad enough, but oh mama they pale in comparison to the arc V.
Seriously I saw 5 stars for several minutes, it will be interesting to see what it's like on a drone.

BUT SERIOUSLY FOLKs PUT SOMETHING OVER THOSE LEDS BEFORE YOU TOUCH THE ON OFF SWITCH, or point them away from you and not towards any other eyes.

How they work 😛

Why I don’t use them on flights unless needed, if close just a process that’s not needed.

Usually an arc ii, but even the duals leave you with a dead spot for a while.

I tend to use mine if flying some distance over ocean, or somewhere with backgrounds the Mavic will get lost in, then I fit one or 3.

It’ll be easy for you to keep a reasonable VLOS now a little further in safety.

Pro tip: On the ARC V The on/off button is on one of the two long sides. Turn the strobe face away from you when turning on and off. One thing you can do is cup the strobe face in your hand while you manipulate the switch. The other Firehouse strobe variations have a teeny button shrink-wrapped in with the LEDs. Much harder to turn on and off without looking right into it. I've contemplated putting a small "something" (don't know what yet) to raise up the on/off button on all my other strobes so can do it all by feel.

Pro tip: On the ARC V The on/off button is on one of the two long sides. Turn the strobe face away from you when turning on and off. One thing you can do is cup the strobe face in your hand while you manipulate the switch. The other Firehouse strobe variations have a teeny button shrink-wrapped in with the LEDs. Much harder to turn on and off without looking right into it. I've contemplated putting a small "something" (don't know what yet) to raise up the on/off button on all my other strobes so can do it all by feel.
I did the hand cup thing and was a bit disappointed, I didn't see an Xray like picture!:(
The button on mine is on the short side, the charging socket is on the opposite side.

• Haha
Reactions: Torque
The Arc V is wonderful, it makes my Mini2 visible at thousands feet. I use it a lot for VLOS during the day.
How far do you think you can see it during the day? I've tested in a few daylight situations and the most I could milk out of it was 1700'. At night, I had 4 strobes on my M2P and didn't lose it until I'd passed 10,000'... but 3 miles wouldn't have happened.

How far do you think you can see it during the day? I've tested in a few daylight situations and the most I could milk out of it was 1700'. At night, I had 4 strobes on my M2P and didn't lose it until I'd passed 10,000'... but 3 miles wouldn't have happened.
Depends on the time of the day. At golden hours more than 2000' for sure. At noon on a sunny day around 1400' - 1500'. My eyes are not what they used to be anymore.

Just got a couple of Vifly strobes yesterday and waiting on a Firehouse Dual today. Heck, it might be in the mail today. Now I just have to wait for my strobe mounts to ship.

My son wasn't thrilled when I turned them on in the living room yesterday while he was sitting on the couch. :D

Just got a couple of Vifly strobes yesterday and waiting on a Firehouse Dual today. Heck, it might be in the mail today. Now I just have to wait for my strobe mounts to ship.

My son wasn't thrilled when I turned them on in the living room yesterday while he was sitting on the couch. :D
Please post a comparison! I’d be interested to learn more about how you find the Vifly vs. the Firehouse Dual.

I’m finding I quite like the high performance, small size, and low weight of the FH Dual, but Vifly may offer the same at lower price?

Will do. I'm still waiting. USPS at its finest. It arrived in the city yesterday morning. Today, it's still "in transit". Who knows when I'll actually see it?

I’m considering arc v for underside of M3 for my own visibility tracking day and night
Is there space for it?
Dale
Miami

I don't think I'll be flying much beyond 90 min at night so that should be sufficient for my Vifly. Then again, they're not my anti-collision. Wish he would've tested the Dual. :)

I bought the Vifly three pack from Amazon. Wanted the Firehouse but these were the next best at the best price. These will have you seeing spots also, especially the white strobe.🤩

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002