DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OLD firmware + old app = wobble?

rossmoney

Reactions
Hey all, Linked is a screenshot of my firmware and app version.
I haven't update in a while honestly because of that scare about "needed to sign into your account to be able to fly further away than like 50 feet" or something dumb like that.
So, like an old codger with a 3GS, I just never updated things!

It flies fine, no issues with control, but I do very regularly get a camera shudder/wobble issue especially in forward flight and ESPECIALLY in sport mode (which I guess makes a bit of sense)
here's an example of the camera flutter.
Happens at about 50 seconds..

It's gotten to the point where It messes up pretty much every shot I'm trying to get...

here's my question:
Will updating the firmware/app do ANYTHING to help out my situation?
OR
Do I go down the deep dark whole that is DJI support to try and get a refurb?

Thanks for your time!!

-Ross

Last edited:
To me, that looks like a read/write error on the file, not camera wobble. FW changes aren't going to help this. Have you tried a different SD card? Reformatting the current SD card?

BTW, this glitch wasn't going forward or in Sport mode (at least not going fast), so I'm not sure the video "glitch" at 50 sec. is representing the same issue you're describing in your text. Which issue is it? "Glitching" video or camera shudder/wobble?

To me, that looks like a read/write error on the file, not camera wobble. FW changes aren't going to help this. Have you tried a different SD card? Reformatting the current SD card?

BTW, this glitch wasn't going forward or in Sport mode (at least not going fast), so I'm not sure the video "glitch" at 50 sec. is representing the same issue you're describing in your text. Which issue is it? "Glitching" video or camera shudder/wobble?

Thanks for your reply!

I have tried multiple sd cards, I’ve tried reformatting them both via the drone and my computer.

I’ll have make a video compilation of all the times it’s happened (it’s at least a few times per flight regardless of what I’m doing)

Thanks for your reply!

I have tried multiple sd cards, I’ve tried reformatting them both via the drone and my computer.

I’ll have make a video compilation of all the times it’s happened (it’s at least a few times per flight regardless of what I’m doing)

It would be helpful to see that video compilation. As I've said, this single example looks like a read/write error. If it happens with multiple SD cards, then it's likely a problem in the Mavic itself on how it writes to the card. If it's something different (we'll see with more examples), then we're talking about a different issue entirely.

Reactions: Montoyee
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olab