DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OMG! Too Close & Noob Moment

DJI Ferrari

Reactions
OMG my hands are literally shaking right now. So i saw on a great many you tube videos that people strapped can cokes and all kinds of stuff of that weight to the bottom of their mav pro. I tried a spot light thats lighter than a can coke, more like the weight of one of a bar of soap, lol. Anyway, I wasn't thinking of the bottom cameras and when I turned it on inside, the drone kept going up and up and when it got about 6 inches from the ceiling, my heart went into overdrive and I remembered the day my spark tried to fly away on normal mode when I grabbed it and turned it on its side.

When I grabbed my mavic 6 inches from the ceiling, the blades went hyper sonic lol and it tried to gain altitude like a rocker. OMG THANK GOD for djis turn it on it side to kill it function.

I am so freaked out right now and my hands are still shaking after ten minutes after I stopped in took out the battery and nearly fell to the floor.

OMG I should have been smarter, I WILL NEVER EVER DO THAT AGAIN!
OMG! I am a much better pilot then this, I think i will punish myself and be like no flying for least a month lol. OMG So glad I stopped ot omg omg!

Super easy to crash indoors! If you are going to use a strap on then its best to do so in a very wide open space.

Lol yea well my hands aren't shaking any more and I think because the bottom camera were covered the drone maybe thought it was still on the ground and it why it kept climbing. I don't care if I'm outside or inside, this scared me to the point i will never do this again anywhere, lol. I am a safety nut when it comes to drones, its just i also had a lot of flying hours indoors with the spark but i was also in a much bigger house and not im in a converted fema trailer. Yea i think i got stupid and this or anything related to anything this stupid i will never ever ever do again because id rather lose my TV than my mavic pro lol. because even my TV didn't have this price tag lol.

No i posted than while my heard was racing and my hands were shaking while feeling very ashamed of myself, mad at myself and feeling very stupid. I guess you could say I posted it while still in shock at my stupid decision to even attempt it, I can tell you this, lesson learned, nothing even in relation to this will ever happen again, I just couldn't believe i was so stupid and also posted because i was also wondering if any one else had noob moments this severe.

Thanks for posting this. Hopefully, it's a learning experience for everyone who reads this.
When I first got mine, I couldn't get it to do anything at all. I was in my living room and it's about 1,000' from the airport runway. LOL. NO FLY ZONE inside my own house.
I spent a couple of weeks reading, reading, reading on websites and about the things that go wrong.
During my first few years of flying (airplanes), I subscribed to the NTSB Reporter; a publication on aviation accidents. Learning from others is the best way to go. (Maybe not the best way for the others though ;))

lol because i don't have a phone thanks to my roommate, I am afraid to fly because I turned it on its side, so I am waiting to get a tablet next month so I can check for any errors, latest firmware even though i know its up to date.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
do72er